Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills

Started by radiator, 15 December, 2008, 12:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

QuoteWell, the main site seems to have confirmed that a) Judge Dredd stories in the Megazine will cross over with the Tour of Duty epic in 2000ad, and be set in the Cursed Earth, and that b) other writers will also be contributing to the epic.

Exciting stuff!

I just realised this myself while looking at the front page. Better get on the blower to the subs bunker and get up to date on the Meg I guess.

Anybody got any ideas on how many episodes "Tour of Duty" and the additional Meg stories are going to run to?

radiator

AFAIK, Tour of Duty itself is only six parts long, but that's not the end of the story. There's whispers that the whole epic will run until at least christmas but who knows?

Perhaps we'll get a story structure like The Pit where all the subsequent related tales will come under a Tour of Duty banner?

radiator

2000AD:

Necrophim: Hell's Prodigal by Tony Lee/Lee Carter - starts prog 1655
Stickleback: London's Burning by Ian Edginton/D'israeli starts prog 2010
Nikolai Dante: Hero of the Revolution by Robbie Morrison/John Burns - starts prog 2010
Judge Dredd: (title TBC) by John Wagner/PJ Holden starts TBC
Ampney Crucis Investigates: The End of the Pier Show by Ian Edginton/S.B. Davis starts TBC
Nikolai Dante: Heroes Be Damned by Robbie Morrison/Artist TBC starts 2010
The Grevious Journey of Ichabod Azrael (And the Dead Left in His Wake) by Rob Williams/Dom Reardon - starts TBC
ABC Warriors: The Volgan War Book IV by Pat Mills/Clint Langley - starts TBC
Slaine The Wanderer: The Amber Smuggler by Pat Mills/Clint Langley starts TBC
Zombo II by Al Ewing/Henry Flint - starts TBC
Savage Book 6: Crims by Pat Mills/Patrick Goddard starts TBC
Defoe Book 4: A Murder of Angels by Pat Mills/Leigh Gallagher starts TBC
Terror Tale/Future Shock(?): Green Pedestrian Palm by Chris Weston TBC

Judge Dredd Megazine:

Judge Dredd: Invitation to a Hanging by Robbie Morrison/Leigh Gallagher starts Meg 291
Judge Dredd: The Lost Cases by Alan Grant/David Roach/PJ Holden/Nick Dyer/Anthony Williams/Others starts Meg 292
Bato Loco: Kiss Me Deadly by Gordon Rennie/Artist TBC - starts Meg 290
Judge Anderson: House of Vyle by Alan Grant/Boo Cook - starts 2010
Tempest: Book 2 by Al Ewing/John Davis Hunt starts TBC
Devlin Waugh: Ship of Fools by John Smith/Pete Doherty - starts TBC
Judge Dredd: (title TBC, 2 episodes) by writer TBC/Leigh Gallagher starts TBC

Megazine Graphic Novel Supplements:

Armitage: Influential Circles Book 2 (Meg 290)

2000ad Graphic Novels and Related Books(all subject to change):

Judge Dredd: Mechanismo - October 2009
Sinister Dexter: Money Shots - October 2009
Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 14 (feat. Necropolis) - November 2009
Judge Dredd: Tales of the Dead Man - November 2009
Nikolai Dante: Amerika - November 2009
Judge Anderson: The Complete Psi Files - December 2009
Robo-Hunter: The Complete Droid Files - December 2009
Judge Dredd: The Mega-City One Archives Vol. 1 - January 2010
ABC Warriors: The Volgan War Book 2 - January 2010
Strontium Dog: Blood Moon - January 2010
Judge Dredd: The Mega-City One Archives Vol. 2 - February 2010
Rogue Trooper: Tales of Nu-Earth Volume 1 - February 2010
Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 0 - February 2010
Slaine: Demon Killer - March 2010
Button Man IV: The Hitman's Daughter - March 2010

The VCs: Old Soldiers - TBC 2010

Mike Gloady

Demon Killer?

So there's a chance that, ropey as some of them were, the time-travel/reincarnation storylines will be reprinted?  Good.  Slaine deserves a complete run being available.  Thryllseeker will be chuffed.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 19 September, 2009, 09:00:06 PM
Demon Killer?

So there's a chance that, ropey as some of them were, the time-travel/reincarnation storylines will be reprinted?  Good.  Slaine deserves a complete run being available.  Thryllseeker will be chuffed.

That elicits a huge WOOHOO! from me too. I want ALL Slaine released ASAP- yes, even The Secret Commonwealth. I read it again a year or so ago and, once you get past Slaine's purple flares and Ukko's green skin, some (SOME, mind you, SOME) of the art doesn't distract from the story too much.

But stuff like Kai, and Siku's The Swan Children is just bliss.

SBT

Note: I'm with Thrylly on this, and read Slaine "all the way through" more often than any other 2000AD strips.

Mike Gloady

"Secret Commonwealth" and "Beyond" were the beginning of the return to greatness for me.  I loved the Lost Years stuff too.  Everything since then has been even better.  Only the Grail War sruff for me was more poo than woo.  And even that had it's moments.  

After "The King" and "The Horned God" it's not too surprising that some of the later stuff suffered from comparison.  

Slaine remains one of the richest, most vividly realised and entertaining strips in Twoth ever.  So that's TS, Steev and I all pretty much sold.  Nice work, Thargikins.  Love you.

ThryllSeekyr

Thats great news.

Just when I thought I was going to be stuck with the current run of the latest edition of Slaine finishing with

"Slaine the Horned God"

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 19 September, 2009, 09:50:15 PM
Demon Killer?

That elicits a huge WOOHOO! from me too. I want ALL Slaine released ASAP- yes, even The Secret Commonwealth. I read it again a year or so ago and, once you get past Slaine's purple flares and Ukko's green skin, some (SOME, mind you, SOME) of the art doesn't distract from the story too much.

But stuff like Kai, and Siku's The Swan Children is just bliss.

SBT

Note: I'm with Thrylly on this, and read Slaine "all the way through" more often than any other 2000AD strips.

End of Quote

Yes, I got your Personal Message, thinking that it might be concerning my latest comment on the --"Dredd Vs Death" PC Game-- thread. and that is a pleasant surpise.

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 19 September, 2009, 09:55:42 PM
"Secret Commonwealth" and "Beyond" were the beginning of the return to greatness for me.  I loved the Lost Years stuff too.  Everything since then has been even better.  Only the Grail War sruff for me was more poo than woo.  And even that had it's moments. 

After "The King" and "The Horned God" it's not too surprising that some of the later stuff suffered from comparison. 

Slaine remains one of the richest, most vividly realised and entertaining strips in Twoth ever.  So that's TS, Steev and I all pretty much sold.  Nice work, Thargikins.  Love you.
End of Quote

As I have been filled in on the details in MIke Gloady's Personal Message. Who say --Words to the effect-- " It's going to be Slaine :Demon Killer , Queen of the Wtichs.and something  more maybe.......

If that extra secret content is going to be "Treasures of Britain" One and Two, Something that has already been collected in .....

Then that might mean .....

"Name of the Sword" (with Greg Staples, in 2000 AD #950-956)
"Lord of Misrule, Part I" (with Clint Langley, in 2000 AD #958-963)
"Lord of Misrule, Part II" (with Clint Langley, in 2000 AD #995-998)
"Bowels of Hell" (with Jim Murray, in 2000 AD #1000)

Will be skipped over and forgotten. Which would be the pity as "Lord of Misrule" is worth collecting and proof that Clint Lanely doesn't need to photoshop to impress.

I hope not.

I also hope that "The jealousy of Niamh"  makes the cut.

It's only a two prog story that was written inbetween "Horned God" and "Demon Killer".

I think it's still worth including.for that reason alone.

Quoting Mike Gloady.....

Quote"Beyond" were the beginning of the return to greatness for me.

End of Quote

I was just thinking about that one with illustrations most favourable to "Mongoose Publishing" when they made the DTwenty Saine rulebook and that particular verse preceeds 'The Secret Commonwealth".

You know it even says so.

I am also thinking of "The Triple Death" and how I was relaying to Tordelback that it's part story part introduction to 'Slaine the Horned God" --Words to the effect--  when I really should have said that it's a introduction to "Slaine : Demon Killer".. It's what I beleive as it doesn't say, but you only need to check it's place in the order of progs.

Threr is some dialog --Words to the effect-- "Slaine has been requested by the Earth Goddess to fight by the side of a famous Warrior Women." That could only be Boudicca or Boudecea.

As the Poster Prog has a filler story that preceeds "Queen of the Witchs" coming straight after "Demon Killer"

It's actuelly been fused with the main story of the german version 'of "Demon Killer"  that I dug out last week with "The Grail War"

So it would be nice if "The Triple Death" and the "Poster Prog" story are included. Though I seriously think that the "Jealousy of Naimh" might be looked over, left out. From the top of my head it might only detract and bogg down the pace, the buildup towards 'Demon Killer"

It would be pity if that one was forgotten though. I was pleased to find both progs 850 and 851in sold separately in a old comic bookstore and a second hand bookshop.

I think it had soemthing to do with Slaine & Niamh haveing a secret tryst in the woods and a Shoggey Beast turns up.

The story itself never felt essentail to the reest of the Slaine contiueity.

As for the "Bowels of Hell" A one prog story, with the legend that reminds me of that Jim Carrey film "The Mask".

SmallBlueThing

I'm going to assume that the next Slaine trade will contain all the stories originally printed in 2000AD, consecutively, with no ommissions, within its page count (whatever that is). I'd be very angry if they didn't accord what is arguably the most popular and successful strip in the comic's history (does Dredd sell as much Europe-wide?) the same courtesy as all the others, simply because a few people on the message board think that it "got a bit shit" for a while. Well, so did Dredd! So there! My recent re-read of all Slaine found me thinking that it didn't so much "lose its way", as lose the epic scale it had enjoyed up to an including The Horned God, becoming 'Hawk The Slayer' or 'Krull', as opposed to 'Lord of the Rings'. If you'll pardon my usage of Lord of the Rings in what could be viewed as a complimentary sense. That's the only time that will happen, promise.

I'll also assume it'll be missing a page, one page will be printed twice, one page will be printed backwards and some speech balloons will be missing from a few of the episodes- just so I won't be too cross when it actually happens.  ;)

SBT

Robin Low

Demon Killer?

So there's a chance that, ropey as some of them were, the time-travel/reincarnation storylines will be reprinted?  Good.  Slaine deserves a complete run being available. 

I won't be bothering. With the exception of the rather goregeous Glenn Fabry Yearbook story (when Slaine finally goes into the earth), nothing between The Horned God and The Books of Invasions appealed to me at all. The art was predominantly (though not entirely) from that sub-Bisley fully-painted murky sludge era, and Uncle Pat was far too angry with everyone to focus on his characters and stories.

Regards

Robin

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 September, 2009, 01:58:34 AM
...Will be skipped over and forgotten. Which would be the pity as "Lord of Misrule" is worth collecting and proof that Clint Lanely doesn't need to photoshop to impress.

I hope not.

I wouldn't worry, TS - Rebellion are pretty comprehensive with their collections, it's very rare that they skip stories. Virtually every trade line they do now is a complete run, in order, of every story that appeared in the progs - and quite often lots of specials and one-offs from annuals and specials too.

Sin/Dex aside, of course. :-)
@jamesfeistdraws

Kerrin

QuoteJudge Dredd: Invitation to a Hanging by Robbie Morrison/Leigh Gallagher starts Meg 291

Is this going to be the first time we've seen the Gallagher droidette on Dredd duties, or has my memory failed me yet again.

radiator

QuoteIs this going to be the first time we've seen the Gallagher droidette on Dredd duties, or has my memory failed me yet again.

Yep, this will be Gallagher's first published Dredd strip. According to the interview he did on the ECBT2000AD podcast, he is using Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino as reference for his Dredd, which sounds very cool. One thing I love about Dredd is seeing all the different artist's interpretations of him.

TordelBack

Quote..he is using Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino as reference for his Dredd,

In my head Dredd is always William Munny out of Missouri, so we're on the same page at least!

Good news indeed.   It's just a shame it's a Cursed Earth story (which should play to Gallagher's known strengths) - I'd love to see that droid set loose on the Big Meg!   The lovely Leigh is a rising star!

IndigoPrime

With the Sláine book, it's unlikely anything's been paginated yet. If someone wanted to provide a guide for Rebellion regarding how the complete story would look, in chronological order, I'm sure they'd appreciate it and, if possible, might change the flat-plan accordingly. Note, though, that the GNs have changed hands—Keith's doing them now and Jon's moved over to Abaddon full-time.

Mike Gloady