Main Menu

Judge Dredd Movie is Green Lit!

Started by w3bz, 19 December, 2008, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalconquest

Yes, go report me! Please do.  :D

QuoteSpotted by Peter after ONE post.  Brilliant.

He got lucky. It happens. Flukey git.

Paul faplad Finch

I know you won't believe me but I thought the same thing as Peter. Honest. It's just I've only just looked at the thread. Gutted I wasn't the one to say it.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

TordelBack

Hail Peter Wolf, Hammer of Trolls!

(And Garageman and Jim, obviously, but they're on the Pro circuit by now).

JasonJ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 October, 2009, 10:43:30 PM
Quote from: digitalconquest on 25 October, 2009, 10:28:29 PM
The new Dredd film will never happen. Not what Rebellion ignoring Wagner and Grant.

1: It's quite clear from Wagner's Facebook page that he's had sight of the screenplay, so, yet again, you're wrong.

2: You posted this exact same shit to the 2000AD newsgroup, Scott.

3: You're reported, fucktard. See ya!

Cheers

Jim

Am I missing something? What exactly did this guy do to upset so many people?

JJ

Mike Gloady

Hey JJ.

He's been banned a good few times, usually for causing massive arguments and being vile and insulting.  He didn't MANAGE that this time (or was staying within the guidelines in order to stop being bumped) but that's luck, Peter and other's identifying him and calling him out and the mods for having the good sense to drop him as soon as they were notified.

THIS is what happened last time.  Or more accurately the aftermath.

http://2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,26132.0.html
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

VinceBot

Sorry for the delay, the issue has been resolved.

planetmirth

QuoteAm I missing something? What exactly did this guy do to upset so many people?
JJ

Thanks for clarifying Mike. Like JJ, I was wondering too. Sounds like an interesting game though - "Spot the Scott". Spotting after just one post is going to be hard to beat though! ;)
'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

Rio De Fideldo

Hi Jason

Welcome to the board.

How long have you been a fan of Dredd?

jock

just to let you know - that slash film news isn't isn't accurate.

Dash Decent

Quote from: jock on 26 October, 2009, 12:04:41 PM

That's great Jock!  Is there anything you can tell us without getting yourself into trouble - like whether Grant & Wagner have any kind of input?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Wake

Quote from: Dash Decent on 26 October, 2009, 12:13:55 PM
Quote from: jock on 26 October, 2009, 12:04:41 PM

That's great Jock!  Is there anything you can tell us without getting yourself into trouble - like whether Grant & Wagner have any kind of input?

Well we do know that John Wagner was given the script to read (and comment on) back in May (or possibly earlier). That much was said at Bristol Expo. We don't know if his feedback was taken on board but we do know that he has positive views on both the script and the studio's current Dredd actor of choice.

My assumption is that Alan Grant hasn't had any involvement.

Mike Gloady

Which is as it should be. 

Alan Grant is a fine writer and jointly responsible for many of the series' high points, but given his involvement in recent years (and the, in my opinion, difference in quality between his work and that of most other writers on Dredd this past decade) it would be like asking Robbie Morrison for his input on Nemesis the Warlock. 

Dredd is and always was Wagner's creation and he's been the series' main writer for almost it's entire history - why would you run anything past any of the other fine talents to have had a hand in it, even one as great and (for a period many years ago) important?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

radiator

Responding to a question of whether the film is likely to be made, Wagner commented:

QuoteLet's see if it all comes off first. Judging by the people involved, there's a good chance.

Which sounds promising.

Peter Wolf

My guess is that Alex Garland was commisioned to write the script because he is a well known name with several screenplays to his name which altogether makes the whole project more viable in terms of getting funding.

This obviously doesnt mean that John Wagner isnt a well known name in terms of writing JD but the choice of using Alex garland was purely a commercial decision in terms of filmmaking.

That my guess anyway.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Christov

Glad to see a new Dredd movie is in the works.

While casually sitting in the bath, as people sometimes do, I was struck with a brainwave. How about a 2000AD film? Not a film based around a single 2000AD property, but a film designed like an actually issue of the galaxy's greatest.

Imagine it like this;

. Pre-opening Droid Life animation short.
. Introduction (preferably with Tharg).
. A Judge Dredd segment (ending on a cliff-hanger).
. A Strontium Dog segment.
. A Future Shock segment (think of it as a mini episode of The Twilight Zone).
. A Shakra segment (either that or Rough Trooper).
. Another Judge Dredd segment (where the cliff-hanger is resolved, etc...)
. Credits roll and everybody goes home.

Interesting thought, right? Merely a pipedream however. No studio in their right mind would do such a thing.