Favourite Dreddisms

Started by Dandontdare, 01 March, 2009, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HdE

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Martin Howe

Much as Inferno is maligned, Grice deserves an honourable mention for:

Terrorists? We're worse than terrorists!
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN
Facebook Flickr Twitter

Dash Decent

Quote from: HdE on 17 February, 2010, 05:40:15 PM
Quote from: Mike Gloady on 17 February, 2010, 12:33:04 AM
HdE, the voice of Dredd in the Dredd v Death video game is ALSO the voice of Dredd (and Wulf Sternhammer) in the Twoth audios from Big Finish.  Toby Longworth.  I think it was Pete Well's? entry in the advent calender thread where he reprises the role.  

He really IS Dredd for me.  I doubt anybody else can suppplant his voice in my mind.....

Ah! Thanks for that! Interesting bit of info. I've never been one for audio stories, so I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said.

Then your missing both a great Dreddism and that voice when in the I Love Judge Dredd audio he gets asked how he feels re-meeting a citizen he arrested 20 years earlier:
"Underwhelmed." :D

(I know it's not particularly original, but it's the way he tells 'em!)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JayzusB.Christ

Dredd at the end of Sin City.  Can't remember what he said but it was cool.  Good to see his reaction to being beaten.

But Sin City didn't happen.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

HdE

Quote from: Dash Decent on 19 February, 2010, 11:30:56 AM

Then your missing both a great Dreddism and that voice when in the I Love Judge Dredd audio he gets asked how he feels re-meeting a citizen he arrested 20 years earlier:

Nope - that had the desired effect!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 February, 2010, 01:33:24 PM
Dredd at the end of Sin City.  Can't remember what he said but it was cool.  Good to see his reaction to being beaten.

I know the bit! Can't remember it exactly but Dredd, battered and blood-stained, was looking down at the devestation and brooding on what had happened; 'We should have been ready. We should have done more. A lot of people died because of our mistakes.'

Guthrie more or less tells him to buck up and get over it; they did the best they could, can't protect everyone all the time.

Dredd turns to him, surprised for a moment, then observes, 'You're starting to sound like me.'

'Well,' replies Guthrie, 'someone's got to.'

Close panel on Dredd, tight-lipped, flames reflected in his visor. 'Yeah.'

Even tighter panel. 'Sorry.'

Damn, that's good Wagner.
@jamesfeistdraws

John Caliber

My favourite Dreddism would be (to the effect of): "NO SKIN OFF MY CHIN".
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Mike Gloady

Ah yes, the fabulous "underwhelmed" - it's all in the delivery.  Without an artist to carry it, you need a cracking voice actor. 

I love that Guthrie/Dredd exchange at the end of Sin City too.  Beautiful.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

satchmo

Not a Dreddism per se, but the bit in Sin City where Dredd knacks El Muerte always stuck with me. That pissant had it coming. What a story.

Dash Decent

Quote from: HdE on 19 February, 2010, 10:55:05 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 19 February, 2010, 11:30:56 AM

Nope - that had the desired effect!

HdE, if you decide to get one of the audios stories, I'd recommend "Pre-emptive Revenge" as a good one.  The one I mentioned. "I Love Judge Dredd" is good, but it's atypical in that it's got intentionally humorous leanings.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Cthulouis on 20 February, 2010, 08:45:35 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 20 February, 2010, 03:19:16 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 February, 2010, 01:33:24 PM
But Sin City didn't happen.
Eh?

Yeah, what?

Sorry, just threw that in for the laugh.  In a way I'm right though, for one thing it's a hundred-odd years into the future, and on top of that, it's only words and pictures in a comic.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

spireite68

One of my all time favorites is from the JUDGE CHILD QUEST. Dredd has put himself up for sale in a slave market in order to gain access to FARO. The slave trader is telling the crowd how good Dredd's teeth are and Dredd's reply........."Cut the wise stuff! Mess this up and i'll boot your head" Priceless.
You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!

JayzusB.Christ

Citizen Snork - a collection of dismembered freak body parts are found in a rich nut-job's underground museum.  One Judge points out that most will be returned to the next of kin.  Dredd's monumental response:  'That'll be a nice surprise for them.'

Also in the Invisible Man when Dredd decides to lock up Edwin the compulsive confessor for a couple of days, another judge says 'You've a heart of gold, Judge Dredd.'  Dredd:  'I know.  I know.'