Main Menu

2000 AD Website Back and Badass!

Started by w3bz, 25 August, 2009, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Great work guys, but I hope the Shop site is on your To Do list.  It's old and clunky and the revamped homepage only serves to highlight how basic it looks - especially the way extra tabs have been jammed in at the top every time new merchandise becomes available.

Also the on-line back-issue ordering is still under construction.  I now realise that the placeholder that says it is being worked on by a "crack team of web-bots" actual translates as "robots on crack" - they're certainly not doing working on anything in that area!  And to think Julian told me "We're just sorting out the encryption at the moment so it should be sorted soon" back in December!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

w3bz

Some really great feedback, it's nice to see you all taking the time to let us know how you're getting on with the site  8) and like I said before, I'm sure there'll be a few animations to come, it was something I wanted to do before but then got too busy with not only the new site but everything else that gets thrown at us :)

I'm sure you'll be happy to know that the shop IS on the to-do list, and strangely while the back issues list was almost done I decided in the end to scrap it much to the annoyance of you lot I'm sure, but it just wasn't going to be as good as getting our main site up and then putting it together properly as a feature.

And Umpty, don't worry about it - after being up until 11 doing the site I was a little cranky myself  ;)

Good vibes people, keep up the decent feedback!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 August, 2009, 01:20:10 PM
I quite like the wobbly-shimmer effect, it's a bit mad. I like the way Durham's boobies jiggle (though they don't jiggle half as much as Rogue's moobs) and the way Finny keeps popping up in different places.

haven't had a chance to try out all the archive and index stuff, but it's looking fab, nice work guys.

Concerning Rogue's man boobs. They look normal for a weightlifter. I didn't look at the facade long enough to notice Finster was popping up in different places.

I'd say that would be just right for Ukko on the other side.

BTW, looking at the same Kev Walker picture thats been placed on opposing edges of the screen or quite a while now.

It's just abit biazed against Slaine and his drinking buddies.

You can only see the top of his head.

I hope that feedback is descent enough.

Noisybast

Looking great! Well done, boys.
I'll post more specific (and hopefully constructive) feedback as and when it occurs to me.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dr Feeley Good

vzzbux

Looking good time well spent, will peruse the site when I have the time.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Adventurer

New sites looks great. I'm so glad the old functionality of having things broken down by strip name, and being able to see what episodes appear in what issues is back.  That thing was invaluable.

However.

I think you need a back and forward scroll button on the regular 'view prog' screen (like this one). So we can jump easily through prog contents.  Also the return of a 'enter specific prog/megazine issue number' prompt. Again, fro easy browsing of the back catalog.

Again, website looks great.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

VinceBot

Quote from: The Adventurer on 27 August, 2009, 06:45:57 AM
I think you need a back and forward scroll button on the regular 'view prog' screen

Whoops, yeah that should be on the to-do list.

Quote from: The Adventurer on 27 August, 2009, 06:45:57 AM
Also the return of a 'enter specific prog/megazine issue number' prompt. Again, fro easy browsing of the back catalog.

Needs doing, but for now you can just change the URL - when you're viewing a prog it says /vault/progs/1234, and you can just change that number to whatever prog you want to jump to, if you so desire.

PsychoGoatee

The site is looking good! Nice to have the individual issues information back, but I did prefer the old layout for that info, or the www.2000ad.org layout.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 27 August, 2009, 07:53:39 PM
The site is looking good! Nice to have the individual issues information back, but I did prefer the old layout for that info, or the www.2000ad.org layout.

Well, it's still there mostly.... minus a messageboard.

ukdane

Well done, web-bots.
At last Tharg has a website he can gloat about again.

For too long I kept hearing about "bugs" in the system. I assume they're a new breed of Thrillsucker, that Tharg as finally learned to control.

Is there still a "Dreddworld" section (for example showing maps of Dredd's world, and listing the CJ's timeline)?

Once again, well done on the new look, glad normal service has been resumed.
Cheers

-Daney

IAMTHESYSTEM

Pretty damn slick site! No wonder it took so long to do. 
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

dweezil2

Great work, the site's back to its former glory! I've got a new desktop background too!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

judgebuckle

im not saying at first the site was crap but it needed improving and im glad they have done that lol there is more stuff to look at on the site now good work 2000ad work team!

monsterx