Main Menu

October Previews, for December shipping

Started by Grant Goggans, 02 October, 2009, 03:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

I know there was TALK of it, but my local comic shop never heard a thing about it.  Probably a casualty of that whole 2000ad Books implosion thing.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Grant Goggans

Yeah, there's a hardback that came out from Fleetway in 1990 or so.  There's also a special one-off issue of Heavy Metal (called Heavy Metal War Machine) which reprints the whole thing, with a cover - by Simon Bisley - of a character who bears no relation to anybody in Rogue Trooper.

TordelBack

There's also a 1991 Rogue Trooper annual with super Wil Simpson Friday cover which you should avoid at all costs, despite some (IIRC) nice Chris Weston art inside.

Grant Goggans

Ah, yes... that was published just a couple of months before "The Golden Fox Rebellion" started in the prog.  If we had alarm bells back then, they'd have been deafening.

O Lucky Stevie!

I don't 'spose anyone's seen this baby through Diamond yet?

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 02 October, 2009, 03:30:16 AM

ROBO-HUNTER: THE DROID FILES VOLUME 1

(W/A) John Wagner, Alan Grant (A) Ian Gibson
Sam Slade used to be one of the best robo-hunters in the business, but he's getting old - and old means slow (and dead). That is until Sam takes on the biggest case of his life. Robo-Hunter: The Droid Files brings readers a bumper volume of the tales of everybody's favourite Sci-fi P.I. Featuring never-before-seen material, this is one thrill-packed tome that fans of classic 2000 AD will not want to miss. ($24.99)

Stevie's still waiting on the December pack solicited at the same time, so he hasn't completely abandoned all hope  ::)

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Grant Goggans

The Droid Files has not arrived in Atlanta, nor have I seen it on a Diamond ship list.  The Psi-Files has not arrived in Atlanta either, but it was on Diamond's ship list a few weeks ago.

The two books were solicited at the same time, and they seem to have made it to British readers at the same time.  It is possible that Diamond cancelled The Droid Files for low orders, but they don't seem to have advertised that fact.

The Monarch

I see it all the time in book shops here it makes me cry for the american fans

Grant Goggans

Waiting for Samantha Slade to make it to France, waiting for her granddad to make it to Georgia...

The Monarch

Van Dom

If Alan Grant doesn't write La Revolution Robotique I will gladly do it!
Or it may be written and languishing on Matt Smiths desk...
I did read in TPO that Matt Smith was a fan of the new Robohunter series and felt it has a place in the prog. I can only assume it was Ian Gibson quitting the project that has left it in limbo. I've no problem with Anthony Williams on art duties though, his style actually suits the kind of slapstick story it is.
I want it back anyway.
But I digress.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Colin YNWA

Or Rian Hughes... what oh come on a man can dream can't he...

Van Dom

Yeah I'd love to see something fresh from him. Wonder if his style has changed much over the years? When did he last draw for the prog, back in the late 90s? To be honest I never really got into his Robohunter work, purely on the basis that Ian Gibson was Robohunter and nothing else ever gelled for me. But I loved his other stuff, Dan Dare, Really and Truly etc. He rocked my world on his original stuff, when there wasnt a definitive version of the characters to compare against.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

The Monarch

ah hogan and hughes run on robohunter was great. Shame the Millar fiasco and dark bishop sunk it

Colin YNWA

Yeah his last strip work was back in 1996 and that was a one off. Before that it was 1994 on Metrobolis my love for which I've displayed quite openly elsewhere.

Still back on topic(ish or at least the diversion the topic started kicked off!) he's do a great job on Samantha Slade if the scropt is just sitting there. Mind he's pretty busy elsewhere alas these days apparently?

Van Dom

Now you mention it, he does draw good ladeez... I'm thinking of Samantha Slade in the style of one his Really and Truly girls and --- yeah, it would work.

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!