Main Menu

NEW GRAPHIC NOVELS FOR 2010

Started by strontium71, 18 February, 2010, 02:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

i've just recieved a promo brochure from simon and schuster who apparantly take over the licence from rebellion in april for graphic novels. on it theres some dates for release late in the year.

september - judge dredd , tour of duty - backlash

october - zombo - can i eat you please?

november - meltdown man
        - durham red - isle of the damned

december - chopper - supersurf 13
        - de marco P.I.

there are more , and i'll put these up when i get home from work tonight.
...because I hate you.

Van Dom

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

radiator

Quotei've just recieved a promo brochure from simon and schuster who apparantly take over the licence from rebellion in april for graphic novels.

Whaaaaaaaat?

Really hope this doesn't mean a change in frequency, design and dimensions! Does this mean they'll have proper distribution in the states again?

Still, that list is very promising!

Colin YNWA

Potentially very interesting news and I wonder if this tied into what someone (???? can't for the life of me remember who) said about Rebellion having a deal in place that would sort out US distribution?

Given that Rebellion bought the Solaris Imprint which was owned by Simon and Schuster last year, while allowing them to continue to distribute the books seems like Rebellion have been testing the waters for other ways to get there product out and about.

Could be very good news and certainly will be interesting to see how it develops.
Chopper Supersurfer 13 just before Christmas hey... well err at least as a none Megazine reader I'm really looking forward to the DeMarco book.

strontium71

i don't know anything about size changes - i just spoke to the rep from simon and schuster on the phone asking for duplicate brochures for giving out here on the board , and he said that come april when they take over he might have some more.
...because I hate you.

mygrimmbrother

Like Radiator said - DON'T CHANGE THE DESIGN OF THE GNS, THEY'RE PERFECT AS THEY ARE!!!!

Colin YNWA

Wouldn't people like to see the Graphic Novels printed to original size? I'm not a great buyer of the trades prefering the comics themselves BUT when I bought the Flesh collection one thing I would have liked was the art to have been full (comic) size?

the styrofoam kid

I think this is tied into the american reprint set-up, at a guess.  A quick nip over to the S&S website has brought up new US printings of Judge Death Lives (yawn), ABCs and Nemesis, in addition to the new Case Files 1 reprint someone posted a couple of weeks ago
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Judge-Death-Death-Lives!/John-Wagner/Judge-Dredd/9781906735890
http://books.simonandschuster.com/ABC-Warriors-Meknificent-Seven/Pat-Mills/9781906735906
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Complete-Nemesis-the-Warlock-Volume-1/Pat-Mills/9781906735944
There's also this, which seems like ann art book?  Could be interesting
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Judge-Dredd-Megacity-Masters-01/Simon-Bisley/Judge-Dredd/9781906735920

radiator

There's the obligatory reprints of both Halo Jones and DR and Quinch too.

Plus this...

the styrofoam kid

Quote from: radiator on 18 February, 2010, 03:45:29 PM

Plus this...

Good spot.  They are only on the US S&S site though, not the UK one, so maybe what S&S are taking over is all stateside packaging and distribution, with Rebellion continuing the existing UK range unabated.  Now that would be the best of both worlds!

Dan Kelly

Some one better tell them that the Art and Written by are barse ackwards on that one!

Jim_Campbell

Their graphic designer needs sacking.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Van Dom

Quote from: radiator on 18 February, 2010, 03:45:29 PM

Plus this...

Fuck yeah!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

I, Cosh

No more Anderson Psi Files makes Cosh sad.
We never really die.

Robo-K33F

We have two seperate GN lines, one of which is specifically for the US mass market.

That Harry 20 cover was put together at the 11th hour and is a mere placeholder - Alan Davis is working on two new covers for The Complete DR & Quinch and Harry 20.