Main Menu

NEW GRAPHIC NOVELS FOR 2010

Started by strontium71, 18 February, 2010, 02:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: strontium71 on 18 February, 2010, 06:22:23 PM

the brochure shows that tour of duty - backlash is on the UK release schedule for september. the US side shows..

june - dredd - case files 1
       - complete DR and Quinch

july - death lives
    - ABC warriors - meknificent 7

august - harry 20...
      - JD mega-city masters 1

september - ballad of halo jones
         - nemesis the warlock 1

october - JD mega-city masters 2
       - zombo

november - slaine - warriors dawn
        - hewligan's haircut

december - JD case files 2

january 2011 - bad company - goodbye krool world

Pretty much the titles that Diamond actually genuinely distributed FFS.

Will Diamond be distributing these for those of us outside bot the UK & the States? ie Auxtralia, where both the prog & meg have enjoyed newsagent distribution.

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 18 February, 2010, 05:28:36 PM
We have two seperate GN lines, one of which is specifically for the US mass market.

Great news.  Rebellion are doing a fantastic job with the UK GNs and should continue.

I do hope that they don't make the mistake of reprinting all the usual suspects, which have been out before and so won't maximise sales and could therefore potentially jeopardise the line before it has got out of the starting gate.

Also, I'd be interested to know if the US line will follow (or cherry-pick) the UK line, or if the two lines may diverge at all.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Gert1033

Wow, this is great news here in the States as I have none of these yet. Not for my wallet of course, but I'm very happy about this in theory.   

strontium71

i feel sorry , if thats the right word , for the States fans because of the sheer wealth of graphic novels that we have access to here in the UK . i know there's ebay but it's as expensive for you to import them as us i'm sure.
...because I hate you.

Gert1033

Quote from: strontium71 on 19 February, 2010, 03:02:43 PM
i feel sorry , if thats the right word , for the States fans because of the sheer wealth of graphic novels that we have access to here in the UK . i know there's ebay but it's as expensive for you to import them as us i'm sure.

Sigh, yes, however Book Depository has been a savior in that regard.

flintlockjaw

Why the heck hasn't the Dante 'Courtship of Jena Markarov' trade been reprinted?

It's out of stock on Amazon, Book Depository and the 2000ad Shop...and there is no fucking' way I'm paying over $70 for it from a 'seller'. It's cheaper for me to buy the bloody back issues.

Christ!

I'm angry.

Grishmal

Quote from: Gert1033 on 19 February, 2010, 03:13:11 PM
Quote from: strontium71 on 19 February, 2010, 03:02:43 PM

Sigh, yes, however Book Depository has been a savior in that regard.

Very True. I used to have to go on a scavenger hunt to find trades in the US for a decent price.

strontium71

i just checked ebay for the dante book - £70.00!!!! - kidding , right?
...because I hate you.

flintlockjaw

Quote from: strontium71 on 19 February, 2010, 07:00:18 PM
i just checked ebay for the dante book - £70.00!!!! - kidding , right?

Nope! Anywhere you try to buy a copy it's between 50-80 pounds...and if your buying it stateside...nearly double that price. Wankers!

I'll be ranting about in the next podcast...believe you me...I will!

radiator

QuoteNope! Anywhere you try to buy a copy it's between 50-80 pounds...and if your buying it stateside...nearly double that price. Wankers!

Bloody hell! That's a shame. Hardly the ideal solution, but is it (or the separate back issues) available on Clickwheel?

How are you finding Dante btw Flint? I presume that you're enjoying it, as you're trying to get book 3...?

flintlockjaw

I loved it. I'll be talking about it when me and Rich do the next podcast on Sunday. The thing is I wanted more...so, I go online to buy the next two volumes and lo and behold...3 is not available  (or is for over $70).

Bummer.

flintlockjaw

It makes me NOT want to read the rest of Dante in the progs because I want to catch up first.

Also read Sinister Dexter: Gunshark Vacation. That got me hooked too.

radiator

QuoteI loved it. I'll be talking about it when me and Rich do the next podcast on Sunday.

Great stuff - I'll look forward to it. Those early episodes of Dante - everything up to Tsar Wars (books 3,4 and 5 are just as good!) - is some of my all time favourite comics. The thing I love about Dante is the sense of progression - from such humble beginnings he has gone on such an epic journey over the last 12+ years - though I can completely understand how someone coming to the current stuff cold might not appreciate it because of all the back story and massive supporting cast.

It makes me NOT want to read the rest of Dante in the progs because I want to catch up first.

I'd definitely recommend waiting on the new stuff until you're up to date - you'll appreciate it all the more.

flintlockjaw

Quote from: radiator on 19 February, 2010, 09:23:28 PM
QuoteI loved it. I'll be talking about it when me and Rich do the next podcast on Sunday.

Great stuff - I'll look forward to it. Those early episodes of Dante - everything up to Tsar Wars (books 3,4 and 5 are just as good!) - is some of my all time favourite comics. The thing I love about Dante is the sense of progression - from such humble beginnings he has gone on such an epic journey over the last 12+ years - though I can completely understand how someone coming to the current stuff cold might not appreciate it because of all the back story and massive supporting cast.

I'd definitely recommend waiting on the new stuff until you're up to date - you'll appreciate it all the more.

I'm tempted to try and get 2000ads Marketing person on for an interview and ask what the heck is going on?
Even the 'Judge Dredd Restricted Files' don't actually tell you what content it holds. I ahve some branding questions too...like why is there a 2000adshop site and a 2000adonline/books site. It's confusing the brand.

Sorry, ranting now.

radiator

Quote'm tempted to try and get 2000ads Marketing person on for an interview and ask what the heck is going on?
Even the 'Judge Dredd Restricted Files' don't actually tell you what content it holds. I ahve some branding questions too...like why is there a 2000adshop site and a 2000adonline/books site. It's confusing the brand.

I think you've hit on the problem there - I don't think there is a 2000ad marketing person!

With the Simon & Schuster deal, I would imagine that things like publicity and distribution will improve...