Main Menu

Anyone got any questions regarding 2000AD trade collections etc?

Started by bluemeanie, 09 March, 2010, 10:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

The whole Zenith/Luke Kirby ownership limbo - is there any prospect of this being resolved so that these can be reprinted, or is it a big old can of legal worms that nobody wants to open?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 March, 2010, 07:29:01 PM
The whole Zenith/Luke Kirby ownership limbo - is there any prospect of this being resolved so that these can be reprinted, or is it a big old can of legal worms that nobody wants to open?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kev Levell

A while ago, Small Blue Thing (from this forum) suggested a cover compilation coffee table book, any thoughts on whether that is something you'd consider doing?

Pete Wells

Bah Kevlev, you beat me to it.

So yeah, will you ask if we can have a big coffee table book of un-covered covers with a bit of blurb by the artist? About the size and price of the TPO book would be good!

Also, any plans to make phonebook sized Dante Trades?

With the shedloads of cash they're making from the case files, can we have an original Dredd graphic novel?

Finally, as it's about two miniutes since the last Bolland Judge Death collection came out, why don't they bring out yet another?  :D

Hoagy

Which takes priority? Alcohol and class A drugs?(eg. heroin and beer) or trades?
When buying.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Peter Wolf

Will the schedule of forthcoming TPBs listed on another thread be subject to change regarding the S+S situation ??

I dont actually know what this S+S thing is all about as i wasnt paying attention so if i could be referred to the appropriate thread where this was discussed i would be very grateful indeed.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dash Decent

These are probably way outside the remit of our visitors, but let me ask anyway -

Does the prog make enough to support itself, or is it a loss-leader for the trades?

Have they considered a giveaway issue for free Comic Book Day?

How did the new line of Judge Dredd audios go?  I'm not sure over what period Big Finish judge them to have succeeded, but have they indicated whether they'd like to do more?  Or never in a million years?

Is there any chance of another 2000AD-themed computer game? (Subquestion - are they planning/working on anything to tie in with the Dredd film?)

Are there any plans to get the webshop revamped & running properly, especially the on-line back issue ordering service (very handy for overseas customers)?

Is it possible for them to post news on the front of the website?  We seem to find out about everything via the back door (e.g. e-tailer listings) or a forum announcement.  Be proud of your stuff, guys!  Hawk your wares!

Can I please have a Dash Decent Case File, about the size of the Droid Life trade?  There's only about 20 pages of Dash, so they could do something like print a row of each strip across a two page spread, so you get about two panels per page.  That would beef it up to 80 pages and allow it to be both pocket sized and legible.  No?  Okay, then I'd also buy the coffe table covers book, as long as it was large, glossy and lavish.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

W. R. Logan

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 10 March, 2010, 01:46:41 PM
How did the GN Editor get the gig?

Well, duh! Tharg built him for the job. Don't you know anything?

Cheers

Jim

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dash Decent on 10 March, 2010, 01:39:26 PM

Does the prog make enough to support itself, or is it a loss-leader for the trades?

Really, really don't ask this question! Rebellion have been nice enough to field someone, it's a bit much to then put them in the position of even having to decline to answer something as commercially sensitive as this!

Cheers

Jim

Last of the V8's

Can we have a complete Dan Dare trade, Bellardinelli/Gibbons or are the rights so tightly tied up it's an impossibility?

Cpt Rhodes

Dash Decent

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 March, 2010, 06:13:40 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 10 March, 2010, 01:39:26 PM

Really, really don't ask this question! Rebellion have been nice enough to field someone, it's a bit much to then put them in the position of even having to decline to answer something as commercially sensitive as this!

That's a good point actually; I withdraw the question.  What I really was looking for was some kind of confirmation from Rebellion that the prog will continue in the foreseeable future.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Rio De Fideldo

Just wondering if they could describe the day to day routine of the job.

Also if they had to produce a collection called 'Essential Dredd' what strips would they include to give new readers an idea of what Dredd is all about.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Sinfield on 11 March, 2010, 10:39:19 AM
Also if they had to produce a collection called 'Essential Dredd' what strips would they include to give new readers an idea of what Dredd is all about.

Does "The best of Judge Dredd" that came out a couple of years ago cover this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-22Judge-Dredd-22-n/dp/1853757187

Mind to be fair the content of this can be debated until we're all blue in the face (or typing finger!)