Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD GOES INTO PRODUCTION FALL 2010

Started by Cyber-Matt, 13 May, 2010, 12:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

This news is so good it makes me want to submit a Dredd script to 2000AD involving the hunt for a multiple-doppelganger perp named John Arsom so I can shoehorn in some dialogue like:

Judge 1: "Is this Arsom?"
Dredd: "This is Arsom!"

simply so I can post the panel of Dredd declaring that THIS IS ARSOM everywhere.

Oh, and his family would run Arsom Industries, so we could get some hover trucks with ARSOM written on the side in the background of various panels.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

mygrimmbrother

I'm with Josh Brolin block - who you fightin' with?

Roger Godpleton

STATHAM.

Seriously though, Perlman is just too funny looking. Dredd's not supposed to be ugly.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

J3D1

Cool news!
Keeping ear to the ground for more snippets of info!

ming

Can someone post Dredd-candidates-with-helmets so I can keep track of all the contenders?

Still Perlman for me - the chin, grizzly bugger with a presence, acting ability, known quantity, billing-wise, won't mind at all keeping the helmet on his bonce, etc.

davethomson

I stand by my belief that there is only one man who has the chin to play Dredd. David Coulthard.

Get Ron Perlman to dub his voice and we have a winning Dredd
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: ming on 14 May, 2010, 02:21:23 PM
Can someone post Dredd-candidates-with-helmets so I can keep track of all the contenders?

Still Perlman for me - the chin, grizzly bugger with a presence, acting ability, known quantity, billing-wise, won't mind at all keeping the helmet on his bonce, etc.

Im up for creating them if someone can give me a list so far :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Excellent thanks Steve (btw been a member of your fb group for sometime) This gives me something to do this weekend hurrah! :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 May, 2010, 01:30:19 PM
STATHAM.

Seriously though, Perlman is just too funny looking. Dredd's not supposed to be ugly.

or bald.

Goaty

was in one of Progs that Dredd got shaved head?

Stan

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 13 May, 2010, 06:04:43 PM
Tom Jane as Dredd?

He just wants his drokking kids back!

anyone who gets that reference gets mailed a biscuit

This is doing my head in now.

And I like the Thomas Jane idea. I'm surprised I hadn't thought of that before since I pimp him for every other film under the sun.

Great news though. Can't wait to hear more about this!

Danbo

If Pearlman gets cast as Dredd i would just see Ron Pearlman in a judges helmet.Jane is not as well known so,30+pounds more gym beef on his frameand yeah,mabey.An umknown would be best though imo.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Christov

So....

When are we getting the casting announcement?

Danbo

Hope the lawmaster is done properly this time too.Fat wheels like the Batpop* no a bloody scooter.

*Get the guys who made it to do the Lawmaster?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.