Main Menu

Are You Bored Yet?

Started by W. R. Logan, 15 May, 2010, 09:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Quotethe board is starting to fill up with the most mundane of Dredd film related threads

As far as I can see, there are three (3) threads about the movie, two of which were started by 2000ad staff.

Dog Deever

Quote from: Emperor on 15 May, 2010, 01:22:03 PM
Quote from: strontium71 on 15 May, 2010, 10:07:36 AM
Quote from: W. R. Logan on 15 May, 2010, 09:01:42 AM
At this rate we'll be reading on what board members think the colour of any Judicial underpants will be.

Department Issue blue!  :D

Well that is one thread headed off at the pass.

Oh, really?
SCHISM!:
Department Issue black! :D
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Professor Bear

I'm bored of Dredd movie talk so I don't read the threads - but those within those threads have my permission to continue talking amongst themselves.

Proudhuff

Quite early on the film thread i believe i asked to be informed ONCE something solid had been decided, anyway I'm now bored with this thread.
DDT did a job on me

Dash Decent

At this rate we'll be reading on what board members think the colour of any Judicial underpants will be.

No, now we start splitting into blue uniform/black uniform factions....
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trout

It's a fair point that such threads can be ignored. I already ignore so many long threads, especially the politics one.

- Trout

Emperor

Quote from: Dog Deever on 15 May, 2010, 02:24:29 PM

Oh, really?
SCHISM!:
Department Issue black! :D

Hmmmmm looks like we might need a new thread, with a poll....
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Professah Byah on 15 May, 2010, 02:37:04 PM
I'm bored of Dredd movie talk so I don't read the threads - but those within those threads have my permission to continue talking amongst themselves.

Well, I don't! I insist that all discussion on the subject cease immediately.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

LA-LA-LA, I'm not listening, I'm not listening,
DDT did a job on me

willthemightyW

Maybe we should start a thread on whether or not film threads should be allowed.
Wrap your heads around that one.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Paul faplad Finch

As someone else said, there are only about 3 threads discussing the movie. I am an active participant in them and don't see anything wrong with that. At the end of the day, this is a prospective movie based on the flagship character of a comic we are all presumably fans of. Otherwise why are we here.  I'd think this is exactly the kind of thing we should be discussing.

And no, I'm not sad enough to think that anything I have to say on those threads will in any way affect the decision making process. It is, as noted, a fun discussion.

If anything, I think it's a little sad that the top 3 or 4 most active threads on this board are all off topic "real life" threads.

To be honest, if anyone is not interested, don't read the threads, but it seems a little churlish to resent the threads existence and begrudge others enjoyment.

Or in other words - no, I'm not bored yet.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Peter Wolf

Quote from: King Trout on 15 May, 2010, 09:32:03 AM
What astonishes me is the never-ending discussion of who will play Dredd. I know it's a fun question, and fans are entitled to their opinion, but does anyone really think they're making the decisions on such a subject?

I wouldnt have thought anyone would think that.

If someone isnt in a position to cast the film then why would they think they are making the decision ?

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

willthemightyW

Faplad, to quote Samuel L. Jackson: 'Well then allow me to retort!'
I myself as I'm sure the others did, simply meant that we were bored of posting and reading it, therefore we stopped. That doesn't mean that we think you're sad, or that your opinions are stupid. It is a relevant topic and there is reason to get excited about, but we just got bored of it all. Urm, I should probably stop before I cause a heated debate, because I'm bad at that sort of thing.

P.S That quote was from Pulp Fiction, if you haven't seen it I want no further contact with you!  :)
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Proudhuff

Quote from: willthemightyW on 15 May, 2010, 04:24:36 PM
we think you're sad, or that your opinions are stupid.

But Logan does
DDT did a job on me

willthemightyW

ha, twisting my words in that quote are we?