Main Menu

A question about Rogue Trooper and other reprints

Started by Jade Falcon, 29 August, 2010, 10:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

I see that Rogue Trooper is being reprinted in the large Judge Dredd Case Files style format, what are the exact plans for that?  I've got the earlier smaller reprints from the first up to Regene and Realpolitik.  However, ReGene got left on a cliff hanger, and the only other book I managed to get was the Extreme edition with the Cinnibar storyline as well as a couple of other one-offs from the annuals.  Just how far is this reprinting going to go.  I'm aware that the later Rogue Trooper stuff became not as popular, but I'm a completist.

Also, are there any plans to reprint the old strip Harry Twenty on the High Rock (I'm really showing my age here)? 
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Grant Goggans

Dash Decent

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 29 August, 2010, 11:09:39 PM
Harry Twenty was released this week in the US only:

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,29828.0.html

...but is available in the UK (and other territories) via the Book Depository and probably other e-tailers.  Mine arrived in Oz last week and I'm enjoying rereading a thrill that I haven't read since the original progs were published.

It's also interesting to see echoes (precursors?) of DR & Quinch in the art - elements I thought were signature to Davis's alien design (e.g. overly-long arms) appear just to be his style.

And I wonder what would've been if old Ben 90 had only been sentenced to the High Rock for a decade....
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Looks like Amazon UK's carrying the US editions, too—you can tell by the bizarre-o-prices, such as £12.60 and £9.47.

Steve Green

I guess Rogue is a bit of an unknown - it's not like the Dredd case files, where you may have a rough patch but it's worth working through with the promise of better.

I guess maybe they'll maybe do the Horst series, the Hit series and maybe Cinnabar in one TPB. I can't honestly remember if that's pretty much it for the original Rogue in that run, before Friday gets introduced.

I can't imagine there's a huge amount of clamouring for the rest.

vzzbux

If they are going to do the lot then Mercy heights and all the other Tor Cyan stuff will have to be covered, The Dredd crossover and the untold stories that were covered a few years ago. There were a few Annual stories as well IIRC. Quite a bit to print.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jade Falcon

Well the Rogue books I have cover Horst, but Regene also has the bit with the assassins that disrupt the peace process.  In Regene however that story is left at a cliffhanger and I vaguely remember not reading the rest when it was originally printed.  Personally, I'd like to at least see that done.  I've ordered the 86ers as well as a tie in.

And thanks about the answers about Harry 20, I've ordered it from the Book Depository.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Emperor

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 August, 2010, 12:57:12 PM
Looks like Amazon UK's carrying the US editions, too—you can tell by the bizarre-o-prices, such as £12.60 and £9.47.

Clicky (as searching "Harry Twenty" gives you nothing:

www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-20-Gerry-Finlay-Day/dp/1906735913/

Rember the price there doesn't include P&P.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 30 August, 2010, 12:39:10 PM
Quote from: Grant Goggans on 29 August, 2010, 11:09:39 PM
Harry Twenty was released this week in the US only:

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,29828.0.html

...but is available in the UK (and other territories) via the Book Depository and probably other e-tailers.

Linky:

www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781906735913/Harry-20

Shipping is free worldwide, making this the currently tasty option.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

brendan1

I re-read Hits 1-3 recently and you can actualy see the enthusiasm for drawing it drain out of Steve Dillon, page by page. It's hopeless stuff.

Jade Falcon

Hits 1-3?  What do you mean by that, there are only two of the newer style books, and six of the older ones, though Realpolitik is a completely different lot of artists.

The Corinthian

I believe that's a reference to stories in Rogue Trooper's 'Hit Man' arc that ran from about 1986-1989, e.g. 'Hit 1' (Progs 520-531), etc.

IndigoPrime

And which was unceremoniously cut short in amusing fashion. They 'skip to the end' in a Winter Special of all things, clearing the decks for the masterful reboot by Gibbons and Simpson (that derailed shockingly quickly as soon as Fleisher took over scripting duties).

vzzbux

It was a shame as well. War Machine hit the prog with both barrels. And I loved the art style. It set the mood of the story up perfectly.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

brendan1

War Machine was OK, but it was a bit too try-hard and worthy, and virtually fuck all happened. Plus I found Simpson's painted art very hard to work out at times.

Still, compared to the "Hit" arc, and the later Fleisher abortions, it was stunning

IndigoPrime

I really like the War Machine. It suffered in the Prog from a stuttering schedule, but I recently reread the thing in one go and it's great.