Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forthcoming Thrills - 2022  (Read 14307 times)

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2022
« Reply #135 on: 25 November, 2021, 08:34:56 AM »
Black Beth is an interesting one. I guess at just 80 pages including the resurrected version, there wasn’t much material in Scream, then? I did like that one-shot. Would have given it to the youngling if it wasn’t for the back-up strip, and so I’ll be interested to see if this book works instead. (I still reckon Tharg should cross the streams occasionally with this stuff. Black Beth’s revamped form with DaNi would be a great fit for 2000 AD, IMO.)

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 25 November, 2021, 08:38:25 AM »
Black Beth is an interesting one. I guess at just 80 pages including the resurrected version, there wasn’t much material in Scream, then?

I think from interviews with Alec Worley it was just a one-off, one whihc really caught his imagination as a kid. Which is a shame as it would mean for me if I went for this I'd be buying a complete trade for just that one story... I'm still tempted ... but its one to think about whether I can justify.

broodblik

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • watkykjy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 25 November, 2021, 09:23:01 AM »
Agree with Indigo would love to see Beth grace the pages of the prog or even the meg as a new series
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord’s way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death’s in case we didn’t take the hint.

Proudhuff

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Lorne; it's a square thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 25 November, 2021, 10:56:45 AM »
I see - so it's Tharg as the annoying drunk requesting entirely inappropriate songs and generally annoying the DJ. hmmmmmm.

Got any Quo?
DDT did a job on me

Richard

• Beast Code WWW
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 25 November, 2021, 11:16:57 AM »
Scream! was only 15 issues.

The Corinthian

• Sentient Tea Bot
  • Gaze into the Fist of Pob!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 25 November, 2021, 11:58:48 AM »
Black Beth was originally created for a 1970s teen girls horror comic that never happened but would also have been called 'Scream'. The completed story turned up in the 1988 Scream Holiday Special.

The Corinthian

• Sentient Tea Bot
  • Gaze into the Fist of Pob!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 25 November, 2021, 11:59:54 AM »
No one has any thoughts on Indigo Prime coming back for a one-off next year? Will it be Kek-W again?

broodblik

• watkykjy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 25 November, 2021, 12:15:09 PM »
No one has any thoughts on Indigo Prime coming back for a one-off next year? Will it be Kek-W again?

It would be nice if they can get John to write it
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord’s way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death’s in case we didn’t take the hint.

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #143 on: 28 November, 2021, 08:44:20 PM »
Black Beth : Vengeance Be Thy Name (from the pages of SCREAM!) - paperback, 80 pages, 7th June 2022

A warrior with a name born of the black rage that filled her heart!

In a world of swords and sorcery, the evil tyrant Rassau discovers that he is destined to be killed by a fearsome warrior called Beth. Together with his men, Rassau seeks Beth out, destroying her village and killing all held dear to her. With the aid of a former warrior - the blind Quido - Beth becomes a skilled fighter and sworn enemy of all that is evil! She will not rest until her people are avenged!

This book contains both the original strip and the brilliantly resurrected stories that have been masterfully guided by writer Alec Worley and DC Comic's newest star, the astonishing Greek artist, DaNi!

Blas Gallego there, being the inspiration for "Blas in the Gallego system" (homeworld of the Gronk).  British Comics Wiki.

broodblik

• watkykjy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 03 December, 2021, 06:48:10 PM »

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 03 December, 2021, 07:07:28 PM »
Not sure if these digital releases preclude a physical release but if so such a shame for a strip as good as Dark Justice - Deliverance. It also a shame that Survival Geeks might not get a second physical volume to finish it off.

broodblik

• watkykjy?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 03 December, 2021, 07:34:40 PM »
And the poor super fan boys will be deprived of the an all exclusive limit-run HC edition of skippy

rogue69

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 03 December, 2021, 10:00:16 PM »

davidbishop

• 2000AD Creator
  • Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 03 December, 2021, 11:46:12 PM »
Sleeze 'n' Ryder collected? Oh my.

Dash Decent

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 04 December, 2021, 03:03:51 AM »
There's a best of Gerry Finley Day up on Amazon for release in August 2022

Yup.

"This collection showcases some of his best-known strips, including instalments from Rogue Trooper, The VC's, Dan Dare and the complete Harry Twenty on the High Rock."
« Last Edit: 04 December, 2021, 03:07:15 AM by Dash Decent »