Main Menu

Send your love to Ian Gibson

Started by rogue69, 10 December, 2023, 10:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhizzBang

Ian's work on Robo Hunter was what hooked me into buying 2000AD and he is a childhood hero for me and I am sure many others here. I am glad that he got to hear some of the appreciation and respect so many of us have for him before he went.

scrotnig

Quote from: WhizzBang on 14 December, 2023, 08:37:18 PMIan's work on Robo Hunter was what hooked me into buying 2000AD and he is a childhood hero for me and I am sure many others here. I am glad that he got to hear some of the appreciation and respect so many of us have for him before he went.
Same. That strip is what got me hooked on the Prog. It hasn't dated at all either. It was hugely addictive and I could have read it all day every day. Full of magnificent characters so brilliantly drawn. His style so instantly recognisable as well.

Thank you Ian Gibson, you'll genuinely never be matched.

Doomlord66

Quote from: WhizzBang on 14 December, 2023, 08:37:18 PMIan's work on Robo Hunter was what hooked me into buying 2000AD and he is a childhood hero for me and I am sure many others here. I am glad that he got to hear some of the appreciation and respect so many of us have for him before he went.

Yes me too, as a 12yr old in 1978, I loved his cover to prog 76 and enjoyed the new Robohunter story starting in that prog. My newsagent never got prog 77 so I missed the 2nd episode which was annoying. Eventually managed to get one from a London comic shop some 10years later. Goodbye and god bless Ian, will miss your unique and distinctive art.