Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Time Twisters vs. Moonrunner Round 2 Heat 36

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 February, 2022, 06:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Dear diary as we enter Week 5 of Round 2 I begin to wonder what I have left to say in these weekly introductions. I question whether I should move on from them, but as ever with life moving on from something is so hard. I just wonder if girls would fancy me more if I stopped doing them...

Fittingly both of these surprise me when it comes to how long they were in the Prog. For Time Twisters it was a surprisingly short run, a few outliers aside. 32 in less than 2 years and then only very sporadic appearances. Burnt bright though. Moonrunners seemed to last forever, and when I was re-reading every time I thought it must surely be done, it would lurk quietly in the background and then jump out in a Special or some such to give me a horrible shock as it turned up again! Will it create a surprise here?

Oh and side note - in DR & Quinch - in the other tie today - started life as a Time Twister - so that's interesting.... Again to me at least...

Time Twisters - more info

Vs

Moon Runners - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 18th February  and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Look, MoonRunners is the worst. Even the Belardinelli art only gives it a minor boost. Time Twisters meanwhile is surely the best of the one-off series, or at least it holds the best single epiosdes.

Time Twisters gonna romp this one.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 15 February, 2022, 08:13:47 AM
Time Twisters meanwhile is surely the best of the one-off series, or at least it holds the best single epiosdes.

This actually flags an interesting point. When thinking of Time Twisters a few absolutely stella tales spring to mind. Aside from that what was there? Mind those bright lights do shine very bright and does that eclipse some of the lesser, sometimes much lesser lights?... should have found a time metaphor there really shouldn't I!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Link Prime

abelardsnazz

Moonrunners was just dull, I can't remember anything that happened in it. Time Twisters gave us such gems as Chronocops, The Big Clock, The Reversible Man and the two characters over on the other thread.

Time Twisters, no contest.

Barrington Boots

Another one for Time Twisters. Moonrunners was incredibly dull, to the extent that when doing a recent re-read I had literally forgotten it even existed despite reading it once before. It just goes on and on, as well.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Magnetica

Time Twisters are just rebadged Future Shocks aren't they?

So I going to vote Moonrunners...oh hang on ...didn't DR and Quinch start out as a Time Twister?

So for that alone: Time Twisters.

rogue69

credo

Obviously Time Twisters, but Moon Runners had some great ship (and alien) design from Belardinelli.

For some reason I had such a vivid memory of the ship that I was convinced it was from some other piece of sci-fi from my childhood (such was my lack of memory of the thrill itself).

IndigoPrime

Time Twisters. I'm genuinely going to question anyone who says otherwise, unless they're just trying to be contrary.

Dark Jimbo

Moore's Time Twisters are basically the best of all his shorts for Tharg - something about the subject obviously inspired him. Reversible Man, The Time Machine, Chrono Cops, The Startling Success of Sideways Scuttleton, Ring Road... and, of course, a certain Waldo and Ernest. It's a much higher hit-rate than his Future Shocks.
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

My Moon Runners quick review: like Blue Thunder instead of Airwolf (but in space). Nice Belardinelli art, though.

Time Twisters for me - Chronocops alone is more entertaining.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++