Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Dash Decent vs. Zombie Army Round 2 Heat 68

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 March, 2022, 06:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 9 and it might be the excitement wearing off, or just exhaustion with the relentless nature of all this but this week is a little weak. By a quick count only two of the thrills here were in the Premier league entrants who passed straight into Round 2. That said it's the lesser thrills, those that cause you to stretch the Thrill Bank to remember that these early rounds are designed for. So let's embrace these lesser lights and discuss things that are otherwise consigned to the past.

Second time bound zombie romp of the day then, as the WWII take on the undead apocalypse comes into focus in this tie. Zombie Army didn't really have space to go anywhere being a spin off from a computer game. Mind it's up against Dash Decent which to my utter amazement and sulking great annoyance knocked out the wonderful Department K in Round 1. My childish nature therefore forces me to rally the cry of "GO ZOMBIE ARMY" therefore!

Dash Decent - more info

Vs

Zombie Army - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 18th March  and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

Magnetica

Dash Decent.

I miss this type of strip: the comedy one pagers.

They are a good way to get more strip into the comic.

abelardsnazz

rogue69

sheridan

Dash Decent - riffs on one of my favourite films from the era, plus all those Leo Baxendale-like visual gags.

AlexF

Look, If there had bene more of Zombie Army then it may well have proved better than Dash Decent, but there wasn't, so it didn't. If you read it one page a week, Dash Decent isn't the worst thrill in Tharg's stable. But if it gets beyond Round 3, I might start taking Colin's side on this one...

Blue Cactus

I thought Zombie Army was pretty terrible. Sometimes a tie-in can produce a worthy strip in it's own right but this was like plowing through an extended advert with paper thin characters and uninspired 'look, here's a thing you'll be able to do in the game' moments. Plus zombies are so overused there needs to be something really original to make them worth reading about. (I think Mills just about managed that in Defoe over in today's other vote.) There's just something about game tie-ins that make them not feel like genuine 2000D/Meg stories to me.

Dash Decent

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Barrington Boots

Dash Decent
It's.. decent.
I'd forgotten I'd even read Zombie Army however, until I looked it up.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dark Jimbo

If you're taking zombies, adding World War II, and the end result is boring... you've done something badly wrong somewhere. Dash Decent.
@jamesfeistdraws