Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: Where did you come from?

Started by broodblik, 23 March, 2022, 03:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

So, this one is quite simple which is the character that returned after a long absence or unexpected return after the character was closed off or the characters series came to a natural end, which you deem as a good surprise:
-   Hook Jaw
-   Constanta
-   Hersey
-   Armoured Gideon
-   Revere
-   Any character not from the above list
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Shako! is a notable absence!

Other suggestions:

• Robot Archie
  • Kelly's Eye

AlexF

When [spoiler]Winwood and Cord[/spoiler] showed up at the end of [spoiler]Dead Eyes[/spoiler] was a top surprise for me, and that did indeed lead to the unexpected return of [spoiler]Indigo Prime[/spoiler].

Also that run of stories about [spoiler]Vienna [/spoiler]in [spoiler]Dredd [/spoiler]that [spoiler]John Wagner[/spoiler] did in the early Rebellion years was great.

Honestly, though, the surprise return that brought me the most joy (I was 11) was the return of [spoiler]Henry Moon[/spoiler] in [spoiler]Survivor[/spoiler].

At this point, this thread has become a spoiler tag version of 2000AD trivial pursuit...

The Legendary Shark

Does Johnny Alpha count? If so - Johnny Alpha.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Aaron A Aardvark

Huey2

Rico version 2. In his first appearance (Dredd Angel) he wasn't even a character but was more a prop/MacGuffin. Then without any fanfare or trailers, he just pops up!

That's one of the many reasons why Wagner is so great at world building. He rarely leaves any loose ends but tidies away his toys at the end of each story. Then you never know which of these things he's going to return to.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Of those listed, Hook Jaw- and I'm looking forward to book two. Of those not listed, Shako in Kingdom.

But for the purposes of this thread, the shark gets it.

SBT

Dash Decent

Harry 20 returned in a one-off in one of the FCBD progs.  I would have liked to see it go further.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

This one is all over the show but I will call it on Wednesday

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Colin YNWA

Been delaying on this one as I'm struggling to pin it down tempted to join Steev with Hookjaw as I enjoyed that series immensely. Its hard not to go with Constanta as the relaunch of Fiends has been immense. In the end though I'll go down the path of most controversay and say

Hershey

for being so bold in both intent and art design,

broodblik

Well this one has no clear winner so I will cast my vote with my suprise returnee

Voting closed the winner:

Hook Jaw

Colin YNWA

Oh interesting - I did enjoy the new Hookjaw very much so that's cool.