Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Durham Red vs. Return to Armageddon Round 2 Heat 122

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 May, 2022, 07:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

BPP

Afraid I'm not a fan of the reboot at all so an easy win for the quality art of Return to Armageddon.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

rogue69

Huey2

Durham Red for the trio of Grant/Ezquerra tales and the Beukes/Halverson/Ezquerra one-off.

Richard

Trio?

I know Island of the Damned and The Nobody Wants This Job Job, but what is the other one?

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richard

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 04 May, 2022, 12:40:15 AM
What a great site!

Its superb isn't it [and with permission I hope] will be making thes eties even more thrillpowered in later round...

Colin YNWA

I think I know which way this is going think, its pretty tight and final day votes can make a real difference I reckon. So get um in and in the morning I'll count um up. This one is very interesting.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well the good think is its not a tie and I don't have to make a call. The trouble is in it being that I now have a clear mind as to what my love would be... and its not the winning one. Durham Red has had a bunch of great strips she has stared in. No least of which is the lastest story, but its been a rocky story of ups and downs and those ups and downs are different reader to reader. Return to Armageddon has its own ups and down and the end could be argued to lack the verve and imagination of the first two thirds of the tale. That said it almost works in the context of the wild swings in the story, its utterly suitable to a story that freey roams through different ideas and ahppily swings into new places and themes. In the end its an entirely satisfying complete tale and that art, man the art if superb, even by Redondo's superb standards. So IF I'd have got a vote it would have gone to RtA, as it is

Durham Red

will deservedly be feeding off the votes in Round 3.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith