Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Sinister Dexter vs. Diaboliks Rd 4 Heat 15

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 July, 2022, 06:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Second week of Round 4 and we've got a real sense of what this Round will be like already, though while there are some headspliters this week I'd dare to suggest there are also some of the easier calls, though my prediction credentials have been severely tested in the tourney so what do I know?!?

I fear a little for my beloved Sinister Dexter, is it too divisive to overcome even a solid modern alternative. We will get a much better impression of the popular opinion both of these hold after this round as to date they haven't been seriously challenged

Form book:

Sinister Dexter - Bye; Tales of Telguuth; Tao De Moto
Diaboliks - Slaughter Bowl; O'Rork; Ordinary

Sinister Dexter - more info

Vs

Diaboliks - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 17th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

moly

abelardsnazz

Magnetica

Sinister Dexter.

It was responsible, along with Dante in reviving the Prog in the 00's.

As much as I like Diaboliks, it's got to be our favourite gun sharks.

davidbishop

Quote from: Magnetica on 14 July, 2022, 07:50:54 AM
Sinister Dexter.

It was responsible, along with Dante in reviving the Prog in the 00's.

As much as I like Diaboliks, it's got to be our favourite gun sharks.

FWIW, both Dante and SinDex are second half of the 1990s thrills - from Dark Bish-Op's Reign of Terror.

Barrington Boots

Although I feel it's been in a long, slow spiral of decline for some time, Sinister Dexter still has a history of so many highlights it deserves a lot of love. It's an easy choice for me in the end though as I find Diaboliks to be odious. SinDex for me!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

rogue69

AlexF

Yet another Rennie vs Abnett day! And once again I'm splitting my votes between them.
No contest here that Sinister Dexter, an all-time classic thrill, should win out against a spin-off that is not quite as good (yet) as its parent thrill.

I'm still fond of the early, silly one-offs with the crazy rotation of kewl artists. But no denying peak SinDex was that run in the middle from lik ethe intro of Kal Cutter to the end of the original 'War of the Moses' bit.

Am loving the AI vs AI concept going at the moment, mind.

Anyway, yes, Sinister Dexter gets my vote.

Southstreeter

Sinister Dexter. When it's good, it's very good. When it's not so good, it's still fine. If Tharg needs filler from time to time, I'd rather have this than a mediocre 3riller.

I do like Diaboliks though, even if it hasn't quite hit the heights of Cabs or Absalom.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Sinister Dexter, which may well be my favourite prog thing ever- or at least, level-pegging with Slaine and Shako.

SBT

sintec

I like Diaboliks and I'm really hoping we see more of it in the not too distant future. That said this has to go to Sinister Dexter. Really glad they added 4 more books to the Ultimate Collection as part of the current extension. It's one of the main reasons I'm still subbing. The current arc has been dealt a rough deal in terms of scheduling but when it hits it's stride it's still a top quality thrill.