Main Menu

Round 1: 14 - Rob Williams or Mark Millar - Ultimate Not Wagner Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 June, 2020, 06:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 June, 2020, 09:18:07 AM
Williams by a country mile.

I'm with IP block.

Edit: the thing is, if it were Cabbage vs. Mark Millar I'd have voted cabbage, but Rob Williams also wins my vote because he does great work: Family, Evangelyne, Breathing Space, Low Life, Ichabod Azrael, Ordinary and his own Dredd-thread. One of his great strengths is his humour - like the talking horse in Ichabod or Dirty Frank's secret middle name.

And it's not that Millar's a bad writer - I just find his stuff (for the prog) too often needlessly offensive. And too formulaic. And too derivative.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

sintec

Williams mainly for Low Life. Also what I've read of Millar's output for Tharg is middling at best (and I think I've probably avoided the worst bits).

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Mark Millar. For Silo, and because, well, you know, something happened recently in the prog that made me pretty glum.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 04 June, 2020, 02:44:53 PM. One of his great strengths is his humour - like the talking horse in Ichabod or Dirty Frank's secret middle name.

To be fair, there was Comrade Ed...
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 04 June, 2020, 10:06:43 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 04 June, 2020, 02:44:53 PM. One of his great strengths is his humour - like the talking horse in Ichabod or Dirty Frank's secret middle name.
To be fair, there was Comrade Ed...

*spits tea onto keyboard*

I must now reconsider my life.

Lest we forget:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

robprosser

Rob Williams as I have the slightest inkling at to what constitutes good writing.

Colin YNWA

Well you never know... I mean its possible... your vote could change the result here... I mean its possible. If you want to find out of it can get um in by the morning as this one is about to wrap up.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED - but feel free to add votes and comments but the call is made.

While overall this vote held no surprises and lacked a lot of the debate of the other one that closed today it does provide that wonderful example of however cut and dried something looks to the majority of us 2000ad fandom is a diverse and dree thinking bunch (well in most places) with varied and fascinating views. And even with a vote as one sided as this there is still a counter view that gets a voice.

That said this was always going to be

Rob Williams

into the next round