Main Menu

2000AD FCBD 2014.

Started by dweezil2, 19 December, 2013, 04:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Huff, thanks for the offer but eamonn had a copy for me at lawgiver yesterday.

Mardroid

I ordered on the link too and it was waiting for me when I got home this evening.

A very nice quality issue. Thankfully most of the old strips were before my time so with the exception of Absalom (and that was still a good read) it was all new to me. I liked most of it although the Slain stuff seemed rather slight. I got the impression it was mainly intended as a taster advertising the trade though.

Simon Beigh

I enjoyed my day out to the capital to get some stuff signed by Tharg and droids at Forbidden Planet. I didn't think it was as busy as last year, but that might have just been me. Perhaps Ron Smith proved a bigger draw? Anyway, it was still a good event and by 2pm they had run out of adult goodie bags, with just the kids ones left. My 10 year old enjoyed his goodie bag, with The Simpsons and Teen Titans going down well.

Good to see The Surfer there as well. Sadly didn't catch any other forum members.

Looking forward to next year already!

Theblazeuk

I went down to my local comic shop here in leafy Richmond, RayGun. Lo and behold it was bloody packed! Swarms of the juves (who were alright) but their protective mams were a bit much, lineblocking the other kids from the table till their little one had grabbed what they wanted.

Still got what I wanted - 2000AD sampler! Rather enjoyed it, particularly the Dredd strip. Best of the bunch in my book, certainly much better than Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. They haven't quite worked out the best way to incorporate the MCU into the actual comics I feel.

Also of note, Rufus Dayglo was there drawing pictures of Tank Girl. He is exactly how I imagined a comic book artist to look.

Theblazeuk

Ahh what apparently Joss Whedon popped along there as well! Wtf m8.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 06 May, 2014, 10:07:31 PM
Huff, thanks for the offer but eamonn had a copy for me at lawgiver yesterday.

no probs
DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

Quote from: maryanddavid on 05 May, 2014, 11:53:23 PM
I have ordered on off DH above, cheers for the link!

Any sign of it?  I ordered too and still waiting.  Tried emailing a few times to see if it was in the post but all gone quiet. :(

Leigh S

MY DH copy turned up yesterday

Fungus

DH are ace. My copy arrived Sat morning (the day itself!). Didn't expect that!
Very nice issue, Tharg writes a mean Dredd. And hadn't read The Glass Zone in over 30 years...  :)

Dandontdare

I've taken advantage of Disposableheroes FCBD stuff in the past,, so I can't be hypocritical, but I'm curious - What's their deal?

Do they have a special arrangement to sell these online; do they cream a few copies off all their associated comic shops, or do they just gather and re-sell fan-collected copies as soon as they're out?

Bat King

They are a shop, albeit an online one, and get FCBD products the same way the LCS do - they buy them.

99p for a free comic is pretty much just covering P&P.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Bat King on 10 May, 2014, 01:41:52 AM
They are a shop, albeit an online one, and get FCBD products the same way the LCS do - they buy them.

99p was for the comic; the postage charge was added at checkout.

Dandontdare

but I thought the whole point of FCBD was to physically get punters into local comic shops - I'd have thought that online "shops" would be excluded by definition.

Tjm86

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 May, 2014, 03:07:41 AM

They only charged me 99p.  Nowt was added at checkout. 

Had a message from them saying it's on its way so will keep looking.  With bank holiday post can be a bit odd.  (Ok, more odd than usual!)

Simon Beigh

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 May, 2014, 03:07:41 AM

I'm sure I read somewhere on their site that the charge was to cover the P&P. And I think they are free P&P anyway. However, where this model breaks down is ordering multiple copies. A friend of mine couldn't get to FCBD, living nowhere near a comic shop, so ordered three comics he wanted from this site. Cost him £2.98. Far more than the postage and cardboard envelope...

I generally like DH as a company and their service. But can't help but think they are making money from the FCBD comics.... I don't like that...