Main Menu

The Spirit T.V Movie

Started by willthemightyW, 08 March, 2012, 05:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthemightyW

I was one of the many who were disappointed by Frank Millers "The Spirit" film, but I'm not here to talk about that. I have just found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDzzxnTN75U&list=PLCA9887841FA80D8F&index=1&feature=plpp_video
Which is an 80's T.V movie about "The Spirit" starring Sam Jones (Flash Gordon). Haven't watched all of it yet but I though I'd post it up, enjoy :)

Cheers, Will
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Professor Bear

It ain't good.  Despite it having Nana "definately" Visitor in a tottie role, I recall managing to get a whole 10 minutes in before turning it off for something more entertaining - possibly an Incredible Hulk telemovie.

dracula1

l enjoyed this version to the Miller abomination. Abit more inkeeping with Eisners vision.  If it was a bit more Noir in tone and style it might have nailed it.

Daveycandlish

Drac beat me to it. I've only watched the first 10 mins so far but it seems a whole lot better than Frank Miller's version
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!