Main Menu

Nintendo Switch

Started by radiator, 20 October, 2016, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Thats not out on the switch is it  :o

GrudgeJohnDeed

Quote from: radiator on 04 January, 2018, 08:43:13 PM
I never much cared for the Galaxy games - they're too linear. I much prefer the exploration focused 3d Mario games like 64 and Odyssey.

I think Mario 64 is my favourite type of 3d Mario game too, SMG2 isn't completely devoid of exploration and variety in that sense but most of its galaxies are rather linear. One of them later on is just Whomp's Fortress from M64 actually, which is fun :), but even then it's not as dense with stars as M64 with only a handful for that galaxy. The levels are more bite-size in general I guess.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: James Stacey on 05 January, 2018, 09:38:41 AM
Thats not out on the switch is it  :o

Oops, I posted that in the wrong thread! It would be a great fit for the Switch though so maybe it was wishful thinking!

Satanist

Dark Souls re-master coming out for Switch in May. GET IN!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

James Stacey

Donkey Kong Country - Tropical Freeze coming out for the Switch. GET IN ALSO!

radiator

Yep, I've long thought Tropical Freeze and Dark Souls were a shoe-in for Switch ports - pleased to see them confirmed.

I actually own Dark Souls on the 360 but never got around to playing it. It seems a much better fit for Switch.

Overall the Direct was slightly disappointing - though they did call it a 'mini', so hoping they have some more substantial announcements coming soon.

Link Prime

Quote from: James Stacey on 11 January, 2018, 04:44:00 PM
Donkey Kong Country - Tropical Freeze coming out for the Switch. GET IN ALSO!

I didn't bother with Tropical Freeze for Wii U, so its a shoe-in for me.

Link Prime

Mario Odyssey deserved it's own thread goddammit, but I'll keep rolling with this one.

Finally achieved 100% completion last night- my last Power Moon was the 'Iceburn Circuit Class S'- nearly killed me that one.
Were the the rewards - a few cosmetic touches ([spoiler]Gold Odyssey sails and a Top-hat on Peach's castle[/spoiler]) - really worth the effort?
Of course they were.  :|

Link Prime

Quote from: Link Prime on 17 January, 2018, 10:35:09 AM
Mario Odyssey deserved it's own thread goddammit, but I'll keep rolling with this one.

Found the Mario Odyssey thread 2 seconds later  :lol:

I, Cosh

We never really die.

JamesC

Quote from: I, Cosh on 17 January, 2018, 11:14:25 PM
Just WOW!

It's ingenious but who really wants all this cardboard crap in their house? I just can't be arsed with all these new ways to play that Nintendo keep concentrating on.

Satanist

I cant decide if that cardboard stuff is madness or genius but am glad that Nintendo can still surprise us with weird shit.

JamesC

Quote from: Satanist on 18 January, 2018, 10:31:20 AM
I cant decide if that cardboard stuff is madness or genius but am glad that Nintendo can still surprise us with weird shit.

I'd prefer it if they could surprise us with some more games!

Satanist

Quote from: JamesC on 18 January, 2018, 10:57:20 AM
Quote from: Satanist on 18 January, 2018, 10:31:20 AM

I'd prefer it if they could surprise us with some more games!

TBF I am very critical of Nintendo as software support is always their downfall however they smashed it last year. I'm interested to see whats due this year as they cant rely on the big guns.

I imagine that a re-release of smash bros is a given. Maybe combine the wii-u and 3ds for an ultimate bundle.

JamesC

I'd be pleased to see another Kid Icarus game - uprising was great.
Not really a fan of Smash Bros though.