Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Caught up on the thrillcasts at work last night (staring into a hole in the ground at 2am in a blizzard, warmed by glow of thrillpower), really good stuff, long may they continue. Although passersby may have been disturbed to hear me shout 'Mania! MANIA!' at frequent intervals.

Molch-R

To celebrate Judge Dredd's 38th birthday this week Carlos Ezquerra returns to the 2000 AD Thrill-Cast to talk about Judge Dredd: Origins!

Episode #4 of the official 2000 AD podcast is now live on iTunes www.2000adonline.com/thrillcast and on Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2000-ad

robert_ellis

Another cracking podcast - Loved Carlos' views on fascism & Batman. Well done all round. I'd pay to get this!

wedgeski

Molch-R

Thanks guys! Managed to say 'Splundig vur Thrigg' at the beginning rather than 'Borag Thungg' but seems my conversational Quaxxann is a little rusty these days...

Steve Green

Maybe Keith can chip in as Mek-Quake for the next one...

Great podcast, and always a pleasure to hear from Carlos.

Mattofthespurs

Listened to the third podcast this morning.
It was excellent. Only ruined a smidge by Molchy constantly referring to Block Mania as Block War  ;)

Will listen to #4 this afternoon.

These are superb. Keep up the good work!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tordelback on 23 February, 2015, 12:06:29 PM
Caught up on the thrillcasts at work last night (staring into a hole in the ground at 2am in a blizzard, warmed by glow of thrillpower), really good stuff, long may they continue. Although passersby may have been disturbed to hear me shout 'Mania! MANIA!' at frequent intervals.

Just read your comment after I posted mine.

I feel your pain, Brother  :)

Dash Decent

Quote from: Molch-R on 04 March, 2015, 09:44:35 AM
To celebrate Judge Dredd's 38th birthday this week Carlos Ezquerra returns to the 2000 AD Thrill-Cast

...so we've announced it in the Thrill Mail accompanied by a picture of Dredd by... er, Bolland.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Molch-R

Quote from: Dash Decent on 05 March, 2015, 10:33:08 AM
...so we've announced it in the Thrill Mail accompanied by a picture of Dredd by... er, Bolland.

Yep, it's the same livery as the iTunes ad - which Apple chose from a variety of designs. It's also from the cover of Origins, the book we're talking about.

J.Smith

Another great episode. You ought to bring Carlos back for every story arc of his that's reprinted - and the same goes for MacNeil, especially as his style undergoes significant changes in different books - although I hope some writers will be involved in the future too.

Up to this point I've already read all the material, so I'll be reading the next volume before listening to the next episode of the podcast, which I hope Arthur Ranson can make a guest appearance in as I absolutely loved his work on reading Buttonman for the first time earlier this year, and as P.F. is one of my favourite Dredd one-offs, I'm of course very interested to see what all the hullabaloo about his work on Anderson is about.

Molch-R

Quote from: J.Smith on 05 March, 2015, 11:20:09 PM
I hope Arthur Ranson can make a guest appearance in

He's probably my favourite 2000 AD artist but, sadly, he's decline my invitation to take part in the Thrill-Cast :( However, he was *very* helpful with and generous with his time for the feature in the Shamballa edition of the Mega Collection.

J.Smith

Quote from: Molch-R on 06 March, 2015, 10:03:49 AM
Quote from: J.Smith on 05 March, 2015, 11:20:09 PM
I hope Arthur Ranson can make a guest appearance in

He's probably my favourite 2000 AD artist but, sadly, he's decline my invitation to take part in the Thrill-Cast :( However, he was *very* helpful with and generous with his time for the feature in the Shamballa edition of the Mega Collection.

Darn. Would have been a very interesting discussion, I'm sure. Still, I'll look forward to reading this end article whenever that book arrives.

Molch-R

Have Tweeted this so thought I'd repeat on here: huge thanks to everyone for supporting the Thrill-Cast - we regularly appear in the top 20 on iTunes UK and have been #1 in the 'Arts' category since we launched!