Main Menu

XBOX 360 :-(

Started by badboy, 25 April, 2008, 04:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badboy

As I was happily kicking ass on Call of Duty 4 last night My xbox decides its had enough of this whole playing games malarky and decides to give me a little celebration of colour instead.  Unfortunatly for me this display of red colour means death!

Yes thats right I have just received the ring of death days before the mighty GTAIV is released.  To say I'm not happy with Billy Gates at the moment is an understatment.  So i phoned him and he is picking i up on monday for 2-4 week holiday.........what am I going to do? Talk to the girlfriend??

hmmmm where are those comics...

badboy

p.s can someone tell me how to display an avatar as I am sick of boring grey squares at the moment

Steve Green

2-4 weeks is probably a bit pessimistic.

Mine went tits up a couple of weeks ago, and it took a little over a week to be returned.

At least you'll get a month's Live membership for your trouble.

- Steve

badboy

Did you get the full ring of death?  I got just 3 segments!  Not as bad apparently but same outcome!  Tried it once more the console actually worked..........but as soon as I put the HDD back in it went back to normal.  

getting picked up on monday, would be great if I got it back for next weekend

my mates are all gloating that they'll all have GTA  a week in advance of me

Something Fishy

Yeah, it was 4 weeks during the worst of it, but it's about a week since the Falcon came out mostly.

Steve Green

I think the full ring of death just means that the AV cable is unplugged - the 3 segments turning red is the motherboard going titsup.

- Steve

Something Fishy

oh, didn't read that correctly.  Good point that.

Keef Monkey

"I think the full ring of death just means that the AV cable is unplugged - the 3 segments turning red is the motherboard going titsup"

Yeah, the full circle is actually less serious, just means you've not plugged it in right. The 3 segments means game over, which I've luckily (touch wood) never had.

badboy

I can't complain really as there is a guy at my work who has had his xbox repaired 4 times in 6 months and a guy online had 8 different machines in the space of a year.  Never heard of the elite going tits up so I might upgrade after this.

Woolly

Mine went tits-up a few months back, and the repair service was superb IMO.

They even repaired the DVD drive, which i wasnt aware was faulty. AND cleaned the case!

Hats off to 'em, i say!

Something Fishy

badboy.. 8 times?  did he have it sat on a subwoofer?

I know the ones prior to the new falcon chip were unreliable (the hdmi ones aere fine) but that's bonkers.

we've lost each of our early machines but the replacements with the new heat sink were fine.

Richmond Clements

Of all the bastardy SHIT!!!

I got the fucking three red lights of bastard this morning!!!

BAstards! Why did this happen just befoe GTA4!!

Still, I went through the process on the XBox site, and it was all very easy. NOw awaiting the label so I can send it off to them...

Still- fucking bastard! I want to play GTA4!!!!

Bongo Jack

Could be worse - the thing could conk out just as you try to turn on GTA4 for the first time - then you'd REALLY be fucked off.  At least having the crash now has meant that you can look forward to not having it in the future (anytime soon).  It's a bit like those mountain climbers who have their appendix out before attempting Everest.

PS3 version for me, all the same.  I can't be having with all that crashing malarky at this stage.
Live forever or die trying

House of Usher

I don't think I could ever get to grips with the world of console gaming. I think I've got enough (too much?) going on as it is!
STRIKE !!!

Tweak72

HoU is a Witch! Burn him!http://www.ideagrove.com/blog/uploaded_images/monty_python_witch-701441.jpg">
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++