Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 09 November, 2016, 04:14:52 PM
I got a response from a job interview and am now a trainee barista.

I didn't know you had a law degree...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Good on you, 'Mumbler.  You should make Dredd heads your latte-art speciality! Swans are for grexnixes.

Tjm86

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 November, 2016, 07:53:45 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 09 November, 2016, 04:14:52 PM
I got a response from a job interview and am now a trainee barista.

I didn't know you had a law degree...

He means bar steward.   ;)

Something Fishy

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bolt-01

von Boom

Hawkmumbler

Cheers chaps, heres hoping it goes well, fixed hours and decent pay for an independent company is hard to come by these days...

The Legendary Shark

Great stuff, Hawkie. Best of luck to you!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Cyberleader2000

so after another failed attempt to get hold of vol 1 of Transformers The Definitive G1 Collection and being told by WHSmiths to try another store I went down to the entertainer to get a World of Nintendo 10cm Link in Goron Tunic Figure which they dont have even there where house is sold out so they cant get one in on the plus side I did manage to get the smyths staff to reserve me the 4 30th anveresey amiibos and I found these whilst I was walking round the shops so today was not a complete loss.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

TordelBack

So this evening, after a rather forced early Christmas Dinner (on the effin' 11th!) for family who are heading off on a month-long round-the-world honeymoon (their choice of dates, but my 74-year old mother who got leaned on for the peri-seasonal catering... had I known this would actually involve the full Turkey'n'Ham show, I would have stepped in), I unwound with an electronics session with the Boy where we got the arm servo for his robotic snowman decoration working to order*, and with eventual world domination assured, we then settled down to our scheduled Christmas Movie, Die Hard, the Boy's (10) first viewing. 

Despite a reputed total of 47 'fucks' in addition to the 3 memorable 'motherfuckers' and a single set of boobs, we didn't think it too many.

*I kid you not when I tell you it's programmable with homemade punch-cards - and if we can get the bloody amplifier circuit working tomorrow will have a light show playing in time to  Jingle Bells! Arduino may be just be the single greatest thing in the world.

Mardroid

Huh. There are boobies in die hard? (Not belonging to Bruce Willis, I mean. Not that the stringy vest is that revealing.)

TordelBack

Quote from: Mardroid on 12 December, 2016, 01:36:54 AM
Huh. There are boobies in die hard?
!
Two full sets, if you count the naughty calendar and discount the Brucie Bonus.

Personally I felt the potential for moral corruption afforded by a brief waist-up glimpse of workplace party nookie was more than offset by the most damning portrayal of drug use ever committed to film: if Ellis doesn't put you off snorting coke, I don't know what will.

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 December, 2016, 11:04:45 PM
Despite a reputed total of 47 'fucks' in addition to the 3 memorable 'motherfuckers' and a single set of boobs, we didn't think it too many.
Yippie-Kye-Ay!

My girlfriend is minding a pal's house while he's away so last night I spent a good hour fucking around with his range of fully assembled Lego Technics stuff. This truck was my favourite.
We never really die.