Main Menu

Women don't age in dredd universe?

Started by Suede1971, 22 August, 2018, 07:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

No doubt poor old Alan Craddock will get the blame.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 August, 2018, 02:41:00 PM

The important point is that Craddock coloured her the same as her mum*. And Fading Of The Light and Cadet make a point of saying she's the spitting image of her mum. So, the correct answer to the question 'what colour should Judge Beeny's skin be?' is 'the same colour as her mum'.

Just as a general point of order, Beeny's half Puerto Rican and half ginger. She could legitimately have been portrayed as either or anywhere in-between, but since her resemblance to her Maw is a story point, let's go ahead and say the current situation is probably right.

Although, of course, nobody (even MacNeil) really draws her looking much like her mum at all. MacNeil's art on America is beautiful beyond words, but his character design for Ami is so odd - a product of his style and the media he was using - not even he can draw the character in that way anymore.

* Well, her dad, but in her mum's body ...

JayzusB.Christ

Hmmmm.  Alan Craddock gets a lot of stick given that he was plying his craft at the early, experimental era of digital comic colouring.

On the other hand, I fecking hated his work, and it was everywhere.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 August, 2018, 02:41:00 PM

Well since she had a chameleon thing maybe it's a case of owners looking like their pets.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Suede1971 on 22 August, 2018, 07:16:51 PM
Hershey was 38 as far as i can remember in the cal files, she kind of looks the same now. Shouldn't she look more like a woman in her 50s? can't imagine a judge would would be too bothered about looking more mature.

and if you think that's iffy, check out Anderson in Megazine 400... 40 years fight the worse mentalist in MC1 and she looks ready for Freshers Week  :-\
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me