Main Menu

Recent posts

Creative Common / Re: Cover Puns
Last post by Dash Decent - Today at 04:59:02 PM
Rogue Hooper

The original owner of Hooper's Store didn't really die.  He's in a biochip, somewhere, out there.

This is his tale.
General / Re: Wrap It Up
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - Today at 04:58:09 PM
Two excellent covers from two very different Sláine artists.

For me, Bisley has never topped his Horned God stuff - the way that the terrified horse's eye forms the focal point of all the action is a stroke of genius, and shows that there was a lot more to Bisley than blood, muscles and tits. Although, of course, there were plenty of those too.

The other Simon, Mr Davis, brought an atmosphere to Sláine that it hadn't seen for years.  For all of Clint Langley's talents, he couldn't have brought that level of lush greenness to a scene like that.  Sadly I didn't think Pat's scripts at that time were his best, but that's for another thread.
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by Max Headroom - Today at 04:52:18 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on Today at 04:34:49 PMOn that notion of wish lists, there must be hope for completing The Order yet!

Indigo - I think 'The Order' has been confirmed somewhere as being completed at some point in this Ultimate Collection. (Unless I am totally mis-remembering!)
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by Dash Decent - Today at 04:46:41 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 24 April, 2024, 03:57:14 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 April, 2024, 02:43:52 PMOkay, there's Doyle.  Where's Bodie?

I prompted the AI thusly: "Bodie and Doyle from The Professionals, but both dressed up as a Judge from the world of Judge Dredd."

And it did this:

(Or did I just take a photo at Dounreay-Con?)

Putting the "eye" in A.I.
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 04:34:49 PM
Hope: Nice to see another modern thrill get collected. I didn't like the previous series, but I'd still have bought this if I didn't already own the two Rebellion trades.

The Dark Judges: Not my cup of tea, but nice to see those strips getting collected in print for the first time. Good for the fans.

Savage + Defoe: That one's really interesting, because it feels like whoever's selecting these (Matt?) is properly fulfilling some people's very specific wish lists. Since I imagine those strips are now done, am I right in thinking this volume would mean everything would be collected from them?

On that notion of wish lists, there must be hope for completing The Order yet!
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 04:33:56 PM
Savage and Defoe completed (up to now) - excellent!
Last post by Max Headroom - Today at 04:25:27 PM
Of these new titles freshly announced, 'Hope' is listed as coming in at 256 pages - if this is correct then that would be everything published so far and bring us right up to date! (A definite purchase for me).
General / Re: Wrap It Up
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 03:39:32 PM
I love the 'fade out' of the action on the back cover and it really leds into the power of the action on the cover.

And boy oh boy even on a glossy cover the colour lose from that original is quite something!
Events / Re: Forbidden Planet events
Last post by karlos - Today at 03:39:10 PM
Terry Moore is great and the second best Moore