Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: robert_ellis on 11 May, 2015, 11:08:30 AM
... I'd really like to hear from John Smith in future. I've never seen him at a convention but I'd love to hear about his thoughts on Devlin Waugh, Tyranny Rex, Indigo Prime etc

I'd second that in a... well second. An interview with John Smith would be great I'm quite sure.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 11 May, 2015, 12:03:25 PM
Quote from: robert_ellis on 11 May, 2015, 11:08:30 AM
... I'd really like to hear from John Smith in future. I've never seen him at a convention but I'd love to hear about his thoughts on Devlin Waugh, Tyranny Rex, Indigo Prime etc

I'd second that in a... well second. An interview with John Smith would be great I'm quite sure.

I'd like that, too.
Lock up your spoons!

Molch-R

Johnny Vegas and Dirk Maggs are our VERY special guests on the latest Thrill-Cast as they talk about their love of 2000 AD, writing Judge Dredd for radio, any why Johnny's unlikely to appear in any movies soon! Plus: Gordon Rennie on swords and sandals epic series 'Aquila', this week's release from 2000 AD, your feedback, and 'My first Prog'! Subscribe on iTunes at www.2000adonline.com/thrillcast or listen/download at http://2000adthrillcast.podomatic.com/

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Lobo Baggins

Oi, girt big Molcher, thee be mistooken about Johnny Alpha a'comin fer Milton Keynes, thas a thinkin o Durham Red.

Oi reckin Johnny Alpha be a comin from Salisbury an be tarkin likes a proper Moonraker.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Molch-R

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 13 May, 2015, 04:24:09 PM
Oi, girt big Molcher, thee be mistooken about Johnny Alpha a'comin fer Milton Keynes, thas a thinkin o Durham Red.

Oi reckin Johnny Alpha be a comin from Salisbury an be tarkin likes a proper Moonraker.

You sure? I thought Salisbury was just where Kreelman ended up?

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: Molch-R on 13 May, 2015, 04:29:33 PM

You sure? I thought Salisbury was just where Kreelman ended up?

Yarp.  Johnny lives with Kreelman until he's twelve, in a 'Salisbury Mansion', then he's with the Mutant Army based near Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain until he's 17.  Then he's in prison (also apparently somewhere in Salisbury) before he leaves Earth altogether for the Doghouse.

Molch-R

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 13 May, 2015, 04:47:28 PM
Yarp.  Johnny lives with Kreelman until he's twelve, in a 'Salisbury Mansion', then he's with the Mutant Army based near Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain until he's 17.  Then he's in prison (also apparently somewhere in Salisbury) before he leaves Earth altogether for the Doghouse.

I stand corrected :)

Albion

Durham Red is from Milton Keynes? I thought she was from......er......Durham?

The Monarch

Aye i think the fact the milton keynes mutie ghetto being a major part of stront lores affecting some peoples memories

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The monarch on 13 May, 2015, 06:08:23 PM
Aye i think the fact the milton keynes mutie ghetto being a major part of stront lores affecting some peoples memories

Yup. If you'd have asked me, I'd have said he was from MK...

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: Albion on 13 May, 2015, 05:52:13 PM

Red flashbacks to her 'first visit home' in prog 768 and walks past a 'welcome to Milton Keynes' sign - I suppose that could mean her first visit back to Earth, but she's come to see her sister...

It's later revealed that Durham is actually her (married) surname and Red is her nickname, but someone cocked up on her registration papers.  But that might not count, as Peter Hogan wrote that one.

shaolin_monkey

For some reason I thought it was Clacton Fuzz and the Fenmen who came from Milton Keynes, but I'm probably just confusing that with the Milton Keynes Mutant Ghetto.

Anyway, I thought that podcast was excellent - very entertaining from start to finish! I loved all the reminiscing from your latter guests. I may go and listen back the audio version of Apocalypse War now,  with a nice cup of PG tips.

Jim_Campbell

That Johnny Vegas is a lot more Scottish than I was expecting.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Albion

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 13 May, 2015, 06:54:30 PM
Quote from: Albion on 13 May, 2015, 05:52:13 PM

Red flashbacks to her 'first visit home' in prog 768 and walks past a 'welcome to Milton Keynes' sign - I suppose that could mean her first visit back to Earth, but she's come to see her sister...

It's later revealed that Durham is actually her (married) surname and Red is her nickname, but someone cocked up on her registration papers.  But that might not count, as Peter Hogan wrote that one.

Interesting. I don't remember any of that. I'll have to have a look at the relevant Progs now.
I assumed the names were related to their hometowns like Clacton Fuzz etc.....