Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smiffy

Gosh, I didn't realise the original art of "Leviathan's Farewell" was in colour. I've only seen the B&W reprints. Lovely page, Skullmo.

Spikes

hippynumber1

Two of those are mine Gruddamnit; Skullmo, you're an evil bastard!  :lol:

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 18 May, 2013, 07:49:29 PM
Two of those are mine Gruddamnit; Skullmo, you're an evil bastard!  :lol:

:lol:
It's a joke. I was joking.

o1s1n

Still not opened? The suspense is killing me!  :lol:

Skullmo

Just opened!

Here we go . . . .

Leviathan's Farewell! One of the greatest 2000ad stories!  :P  :P

And the original script!

But . . . . there is more :D

Skullmo

more to come tomorrow that is

hippynumber1

That's a great cover, that one!

smiffy

Love the Leviathan's Farewell pages, Skullmo -- a great purchase :)

Shame the story seemed to slip under the radar at the time. I was mainlining 2000ad when it was published and managed to miss the special it was printed in.

opaque

Lovely artwork and so much of it!

Colin YNWA

Man I've been avoiding posting here until I've got something positive to add. I mean who needs to read more posts of me bleating on about now jealous I am of this, that or the other. But that cover. Man of man, I love most of Austin's covers from that period, but that one I've always thought was among the finest.

Hawkmumbler

Holy cow that Leviathan's Farewell art is superb!

Skullmo

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 19 May, 2013, 12:50:39 PM
Man I've been avoiding posting here until I've got something positive to add. I mean who needs to read more posts of me bleating on about now jealous I am of this, that or the other. But that cover. Man of man, I love most of Austin's covers from that period, but that one I've always thought was among the finest.

This cover you mean :D

Yes, it is one of my favourites! It is also huge!

Sideshow Bob

Wow !!, Skullmo,
That is a wonderful piece of cover Artwork.
Congratulations !! :D
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

If you are a Finn fan you will also like this. It looks amazing, but is painted in oils on oil painting board and so is quite hard to photograph. The size is about A2.