Main Menu

X-Files 2

Started by the shutdown man, 23 January, 2008, 11:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

Some set pics are up at JoBlo.com:

http://joblo.com/excl-x-files-set-pics

These do have some possible spoilers in them, depending on how you look at it. They may also be a big clue as to what the film is actually about, or they might just be some kind of dream. Either way, while I try to avoid spoiler pics, I couldn't resist clicking, but it's up to you....
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Richmond Clements

She's still gorgeous...

Buddy

Does anyone care about the X-Files anymore?

The first movie was pish and I lost interest in the series long before it finished.

It just got so silly with Scully constantly sceptical about the whole thing even though she had been abducted, implanted, probed, whatever... always assuming there should be a rational explanation for everything.

the shutdown man

I gave up watching the show about the fourth or fifth season, when it just got too convoluted, and I got the impression that they had no idea where the overall alien conspiracy storyline was going. But every once in a while I'd catch an episode from the later series, and it was still pretty good. And the fact that this film is a stand alone story rather than part of the conspiracy arc is a good thing, so I'll give it a chance.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Tiplodocus

They turned up in the post yesterday.

The 2000ad beanie has now usurped my diesel one as my headgear du jour.

And the mean mashince mug is just fantastic - I hope the image survives in the dishwasher.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

I think it might improve with distance from what was indeed an involuted mess.  It also helps that we now know that Gillian Anderson is not only still gorgeous (taken as read), but that's she's also a really great actress.  

SamuelAWilkinson

Oddly enough, I'm in the middle of a big re-watch of the whole thing. I say re-watch, but I think  I mostly watched seasons 4-7 or so the first time around, ie after it was great but before it leapt over that shark.

Anyway, onto the last disc of season 3 at present, and it's bloody fantastic stuff. Not a foot wrong in the whole season.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Keef Monkey

Never saw the first movie, and gather it really needs to be watche din context with the show at the time, so until I have a big re-watch I probably never will see it. Have always fancied getting it all on dvd though, surely it didn't get THAT bad towards the end.

Keef Monkey

Oh, and I can't see the link because at work, but saw Cock&Bull Story which seems to suggest that Gillian Anderson is indeed still gorgeous.

Buttonman

I saw almost all of her in 'Straightheads' recently and although the film was rubbish she made the effort worthwhile.

The alien colony, black oil and intergalatic bounty hunter stuff all got a bit much and the standalone episodes were always the best. I watched just about all of it and still have no idea if Mulder ever found his sister.

Surprised that Duchovney is doing this as his star seems to be on the rise with 'Californication' but I guess the mighty dollar came calling.

Keef Monkey

It is odd actually, now he finally seems able to shake off the Mulder thing and he's going back to it. Seems like he might be shooting himself in the foot a bit, especially as the movie will have to pretty special to generate much interest.

Richmond Clements

Oh, and I can't see the link because at work, but saw Cock&Bull Story which seems to suggest that Gillian Anderson is indeed still gorgeous.

How about this?
(I can see this one at work, so hopefully you can too)http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/hw800/24959.jpg">

Keef Monkey

Cheers for that rac! She's looking fantastic.

DavidXBrunt

Lance Henrickson is contractually obliged not to talk about this movie, apparantly. Frank Black Back, anyone?

Mardroid

She doesn't look like she's aged that much considering how long it's been! I didn't even know they were doing another X-filed movie until I came across this thread minutes ago.

As for the series, it was a favourite of mine at the time but I got a bit tired of it in the later seasons. I wasn't that keen on the last episode either.

I actually didn't mind he film though.