Main Menu

X-Files 2

Started by the shutdown man, 23 January, 2008, 11:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

I used to watch the X Files and i have to say i enjoyed the stand alone episodes  a lot more  than all that Alien Abduction / Cigarette smoking  man pulava.It was interesting but went on far too long.

The x Files has been off the radar for so long now that i dont see the point of doing another film .

Are the X Files still relevant ?

Relevant enough to justify another feature length  film ?.I gave up waiting years ago.

I would go and see it myself but its difficult to see this film having much of an audience beyond its fanbase.

I never found Gillian Anderson fanciable but taste in these things is indeed personal.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

WoD

They BOTH still look good.

TordelBack

She doesn't look like she's aged that much considering how long it's been!

Gillian Anderson is one of those lucky (for us) women who just keep looking better and better through their 30's, 40's, and even their 50's - Helen Mirren being the flagship of the species.  Anderson was just captivating in the bits of the BBC's Bleak House that I saw (as one of my all-time favourite books, I couldn't quite persuade myself to watch an adaptation, soshe was pretty much all that caught my attention).

I, Cosh

Frank Black Back, anyone?

Yes. He's touring at the start of February but he's only really had a handful of decent songs since Pixies split. Apparently, in his mind, it was the surf guitar tunes about aliens and stuff that people really liked about them in the first place.

Based on that picture, Gillian Anderson looks better now than she did the first time around. Never really got into the X-Files (whenever I did catch an episode, it was usually a case of spot the book/film/comic/ancient stone table it's been ripped off from this week) but thought the first film was quite entertaining.
We never really die.

Adrian Bamforth

This is good news for me as I love the idea of the X-Files, though just don't have the patience for series after meandering series of US dramas, even the good ones: I'm a 'closure' kind of guy so the movie was good for me and I'll look forward to the next one.

WoD

'Look Scully, since we last met I've spent all my time scanning my pron collection on to my hard drive'
'You sicken me Mulder, you really do.'

the shutdown man

In my humble opinion, this is one cool poster......http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/XFiles2Poster.jpg">
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

the shutdown man

And a trailer in hand-held camera Youtube quality. Still looks interesting though.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeUtHxIWl1w" target="_blank">Starring the Big Yin!

TordelBack

Very fond of those arctic aerial group shots, aren't they? Oh alright, my interest is piqued.

Very amusing fake trailer up on U-Tube too, with the Lone Gunmen apparently investigating 9-11 before it happened...  Clever stuff.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnE2Njb50ko&feature=related" target="_blank">I thought this was being handled...

Radbacker

spooky isn't it, that episode of The Lone Gunmen was made well before September 11th.
the truth is out there :)

CU Radbacker

Jim_Campbell

"this is one cool poster"

Someone's spent too much time looking at Jock's Losers covers, IMHO!

Also, neat idea and design, spoiled by sloppy execution: the vanishing points look to be different on the two figures.

Mind you, that could just be me ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

the shutdown man

Well, I honestly have no idea about Jock's Losers......

Devons Daddy

i have a full set of the X-files. i have to say it still stands up pretty well today.

good scripts,funny mixed with what ifs,with the hard core conspiracy stuff.each episode can viewed alone.
looking forward to the movie.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!