Main Menu

x-Files - I Want To Believe - Spoilers

Started by Buttonman, 01 August, 2008, 04:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

Quote from: "Keef Monkey"
Quote from: "garageman"what was the deal with them both waving to the camera at the end? FFS.

Didn't catch that, was it post-credits or something? Really the more I think about this movie the more disappointed I am with it. It has made me want to hunt out all the old box sets of good stuff though, so if it was a marketing exercise to shift DVDs then it might just serve its purpose. One thing I've always wondered though, if I go back and watch them all from the start right through, at what point does the first movie fit in? I'd stopped watching before then.

Neither did I. I may have drifted of, or already been putting on my coat at that stage though.

I'm of a similar mind regarding the series though, I'm a little tempted to pick up the DVD set, although it is a pretty penny. But then there are Amazon second hand dealers, etc. I dunno.... Maybe.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: "the shutdown man"
Quote from: "Keef Monkey"
Quote from: "garageman"what was the deal with them both waving to the camera at the end? FFS.

Didn't catch that, was it post-credits or something? Really the more I think about this movie the more disappointed I am with it. It has made me want to hunt out all the old box sets of good stuff though, so if it was a marketing exercise to shift DVDs then it might just serve its purpose. One thing I've always wondered though, if I go back and watch them all from the start right through, at what point does the first movie fit in? I'd stopped watching before then.

Neither did I. I may have drifted of, or already been putting on my coat at that stage though.

I'm of a similar mind regarding the series though, I'm a little tempted to pick up the DVD set, although it is a pretty penny. But then there are Amazon second hand dealers, etc. I dunno.... Maybe.

HMV are selling all 9 seasons for £70 which seems pretty fair to me. If I had £70 like.

the shutdown man

Quote from: "Keef Monkey"HMV are selling all 9 seasons for £70 which seems pretty fair to me. If I had £70 like.

Now that's not bad at all considering Amazon is charging around $800 for the whole thing. Bit of a price difference there, even with the euro conversion. I guess I'll be checking my local HMV then.

Buddy

Watched it tonight and have to admit I quite liked it, although it is clearly made on the cheap and is deviod of any big set pieces, in fact, not a lot happens in it really beyond people digging about in the snow and Billy Connelly going... 'ohhh, it's not quite clear... I see snow.. and a woman... oohhh I've lost it. it's gone'.

Loved the bit in the boat at the end.. quite surreal!

the shutdown man

I caved and ordered the box set yesterday. £95 quid from Amazon second hand. Not too bad considering. I still feel like it was maybe a reckless purchase, but on the other hand, I've been quietly excited all day thinking about the great episodes which will soon be in my possesion. For example, that cool one where Krycek got taken over by the black oil aliens. That ending always freaked me out....