Main Menu

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Started by radiator, 02 August, 2012, 10:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 June, 2014, 02:27:22 PM
Thinking about it, when do they end up at the end of the film?

I'm fairly certain the time period Logan returns to is that which he left.

JOE SOAP

Bryan Singer finally made a great X-Men film that even has jokes. If they'd been in those yellow suits from First Class it would've been even better.

radiator

QuoteI'm fairly certain the time period Logan returns to is that which he left.

Yep, thought that was pretty clear - Logan goes back to where he started, only things played out differently so we get the Wayne's World super happy ending - and a nifty Last Stand retcon/farewell to the original cast to boot*. Prof X says "Let me tell you what's happened since then" - cue sequels with the First Class cast plus Wolverine (and, I suspect, the commencement of recasting teenage Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Angel etc etc who will join the team in the next few films until we get to a point where we have the old/new gang back together, and perhaps further timeline shenanigans so that they don't have to stick to the super happy ending).

*I suspect we'll still get the odd cameo from the old cast in future films, in the style of Spock's cameos in the new Trek movies - with Kitty Pryde there is an open door there for the X Men - especially Xavier - to converse with their future selves.

JOE SOAP

Wolverine's hologram alarm clock tells you when it is.

Goaty

Went saw it, so loved it! Many great moments!

I did this illustration on my favourite moment of the film!

Tiplodocus

Thumbs up from the Tips household.

Glad I saw it on the big screen as all of the "portal" shenanigans wuld have been murder to work out on smaller screen.

Really nice to have a summer blockbuster that [spoiler]relies on faith and hope as the resolution[/spoiler] rather than just punching things until they explode.

And my, what a good looking cast; Jackman, Fassbender and McAvoy all trying to out-smoulder each other.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!