Main Menu

X-Files returns!

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 25 March, 2015, 10:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: ZenArcade on 25 March, 2015, 07:59:55 PM
....how could she not but melt into my muscular, manly arms. Z

Failing that I'm sure another part of your body will serve as a nice cushion for her to drift into blissful sleep?  ::)

Link Prime

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 15 January, 2016, 09:47:05 AM
Early Feb, Channel 5, is the last I heard.

Cheers Dave, it would have done in a pinch, but I was both surprised & delighted to see it advertised tonight on ROI channel RTE 2 HD, airing next Tuesday 26th.

DaveGYNWA

Ah, you have to suffer the auld Raidió Teilifís Éireann....but at least it gets in there before Channel 5 over here. Still says 'early February' on their site.

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Link Prime

I'm just surprised that Sky aren't broadcasting it to be honest.
Didn't they go through a stage where it was on practically every day for years on Sky 1?

Dandontdare

I used to love the X-files, but my interest diminished the longer it went on (and on and on) and the movie left me cold. Can't work up a lot of enthusiasm for this, especially since it'd be impossible for anyone to deny the existence of aliens given what we've already seen. They may come up with an interesting plot angle on that, but if it's just more shady black-op people and disbelieving bosses, then yawn.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tordelback on 25 March, 2015, 08:01:28 PM
Aye, Gillian Anderson is one of those amazing people who just gets more and more attractive AND skilled as an actor the years pass. I lost interest  in the X-Files long ago, but I'm dying to see her take on Scully at 46.

She would make an excellent Judge Anderson...

just saying
DDT did a job on me

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 January, 2016, 08:22:10 PM
Quote from: Tordelback on 25 March, 2015, 08:01:28 PM
Aye, Gillian Anderson is one of those amazing people who just gets more and more attractive AND skilled as an actor the years pass. I lost interest  in the X-Files long ago, but I'm dying to see her take on Scully at 46.

She would make an excellent Judge Anderson...

just saying

You're not wrong. The only problem is, she would probably make all previous depictions of Anderson look inferior. Which is a good problem to be fair.
You may quote me on that.

Theblazeuk

Amazon Prime has all of the old series up.

Perfect  :D Time to skip everything but the monsters of the week.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 20 January, 2016, 01:02:28 PM
Amazon Prime has all of the old series up.

Perfect  :D Time to skip everything but the monsters of the week.

I'd say the opposite - I loved the one-off freaks'n'monsters; but just became totally bored with the endless, tedious UFO cover-up storyline.

Tiplodocus

I think that's what he said.

Time to hand in my geek card - I don't think I ever saw more than about a dozen X Files episodes.  They were pretty good mostly. Monster of the week stuff mainly. I recall some squeezy, flat guy, one about baseball, and one where Mulder and Scully swap.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

The Freak Show one that rips off Basket Case is really good as well.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Greg M.

Quote from: Satanist on 21 January, 2016, 01:38:29 PM
The Freak Show one that rips off Basket Case is really good as well.

I wasn't a fan of the show as a whole, but I really liked that one at the time. The 'mythology' episodes usually left me cold, not least because it seemed like the show's writers had no idea where any of it was going. That said, anything that focused on Mitch Pileggi as Skinner was always good - best character in the series.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 21 January, 2016, 12:53:22 PM
I think that's what he said.

Duh, you're quire right - I think I read it as WATCH everything but the monsters of the week.

As the man in orthopaedic shoes said, I stand corrected.

blackmocco

First two are duds. Third one's great. You could pretty much just start there and you won't have missed much.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Goaty