Main Menu

X-Files returns!

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 25 March, 2015, 10:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

I've been supportive of this mini-season with something to like in each episode - the Lizard and Trash Man ones were fun and old school and the first two were good old fashioned conspiracy guff. The fifth floundered a bit with the proto-Mulder and Scully a bit on the nose but the last one was an outright stinker. I appreciate it is all far fetched but this was credibility-a-go-go with it just screaming out 'give us more episodes!' at the end. Embarrassingly poor.

Link Prime

Quote from: Buttonman on 23 February, 2016, 11:35:03 PM
Embarrassingly poor.

Bit harsh BM!

I quite enjoyed that last episode (although I will admit the script was something the producers of Torchwood season 1 would have laughed out of the building).
Good seeing the well preserved [spoiler]Monica Reyes[/spoiler] back on the screen too, and now we know that [spoiler]she and Doggett did not carry on the X-Files in the intervening years[/spoiler].

I'm sure there will be more to come.

Satanist

Gash! When you bring back a show from years back for a limited mini-series I suggest you don't end it with  [spoiler]a massive fucking cliffhanger[/spoiler]!

This episode was a muddled rush which didn't even reach the finish line. All goodwill well and truly squandered.

Now after seeing this guff I'm worried how Twin Peaks will turn out.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dandontdare

I was holding out for no3 as everyone seemed to like that but I'm afraid I didn't - the lizard guy was quite funny in his explanations, but there were so many knowing winks to the shows themes and previous episodes that the whole thing nearly imploded under the sheer weight of fan-wankery.

Won't be bothering with 4-6 - should've been left to rest in piece

TordelBack

Just watched 5, enjoyed it greatly (the Mulder shroom sequence was brill) right up to the end, where our heroes spouted unrelated nonsense at each other for what seemed like half an hour while the Lumineers played on incessantly. It was like being stuck in Starbucks with a gaggle of students.