Main Menu

2000AD FCBD 2014.

Started by dweezil2, 19 December, 2013, 04:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 03 May, 2014, 05:07:38 PM
I have a spare and will be there on Monday if no-one else got one for you

Thanks for the offer mate, but Judge Lemmy kindly picked one up for me.

Bolt-01

If no one else gets there first I would really appreciate a copy...

locustsofdeath!

In an article about the best FCBD2014 books, io9 says about 2000AD:

"The best value this Free Comics Book Day has to be 2000 AD, which is offering a full magazine-sized issue which contains all the 2000 AD greats: Judge Dredd, Rogue Troopers, SlÄine, Absalom, Durham Red and even a classic Judge Anderson story. The two best are Dredd and Absalom, as the former advises a young new Judge how to survive his first five minutes of the job, and Absalom, who's like John Constantine's grumpier, bitterer grandfather."

http://io9.com/the-absolute-best-comics-to-grab-this-free-comic-book-d-1570893113

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 04 May, 2014, 03:52:17 PM
Quote from: eamonn1961 on 03 May, 2014, 05:07:38 PM
I have a spare and will be there on Monday if no-one else got one for you

Thanks for the offer mate, but Judge Lemmy kindly picked one up for me.
No problem. another forumite has already asked me so it will go to them.

Dandontdare

Didn't think I'd make it this year, but on my way to a day out, I persuaded my friend that I just HAD to stop off in town for something essential - she wasn't too impressed at driving round the block while I dashed into Travelling man and came out with armfuls of free comics!

As per last year, TM was fast and efficient - felt momentarily guilty at snagging two progs, but the spare is going to a fellow boarder, not on e-bay. Also like last year, the gestapo-controlled queue at FP was round the corner, and I'd pushed my luck already, so didn't bother with them.

The 2000ad was great, but I've flicked through the rest of the pile and there seems to be a whole heap of *meh* out at the moment.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 May, 2014, 07:08:01 PM
The 2000ad was great, but I've flicked through the rest of the pile and there seems to be a whole heap of *meh* out at the moment.

That's the way I feel, except the Mouse Guard for me was charming as always. I'm a fan of the Tick, so I enjoyed that even if it was thoroughly average, but nothing else was worth bothering with for me.

Last year's group was a lot stronger, IMO.

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 04 May, 2014, 03:59:33 PM
Sorry, someone beat you to it.
:(

J.Smith

Quote from: dweezil2 on 04 May, 2014, 12:00:11 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 04 May, 2014, 11:49:17 AM
If anyone has a spare copy for a reasonable price pls drop me a PM!

These guys have still got copies!  :)

http://www.disposableheroes.co.uk/next-weeks-releases/other-publishers/fcbd-2014-2000-ad-special-net-/prod_53840.html

Thanks for this - looks like I'm getting a copy after all!

Can't wait to see Chris Burnham's Dredd in particular - became an immediate fan of his after seeing his work on Batman Incorporated with Nathan Fairburn. Brilliant artist and colourist right there.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 04 May, 2014, 03:59:33 PM

Bolt I can send you mine, slight soup stain on the back  :-[ PM me let me know, no cost even with the extra soup!
DDT did a job on me

oshii

I only wanted the prog so, if anyone wants any of the freebies that were being given away at Forbidden Planet (and are happy to pay the postage) then just let me know

They are:

Guardians of the Galaxy
Ipso Facto
Futures End
Scam Crosswords
Rise of the Magi
Armor Hunters
V Wars

CrazyFoxMachine

Lo and behold there was a big stack of FCBD 2000ads at Lawgiver today on the Forbidden Planet stand, so I managed to get my meaty fists on one NO QUEUING REQUIRED.

Beautiful issue - about fifty percent Henry Flint which ticks my buttons.

maryanddavid

I have ordered on off DH above, cheers for the link!

ZenArcade

I'm gonna go down to FP tomorrow and see if I can beg one....if not I'll order. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Grobbendonk

Buggrit! By the time I got to my local (Excelsior in Bristol) mid afternoon on Saturday 2000AD had long gone :(
Was rushing for a train so no time to pop up to FP.
In Maidstone today and popped into The Grinning Demon - a few copies of other things (only bothered picking up Hatter M) but no 2000AD left - Graham said it'd gone very fast on FCBD.
Bah! Missed it last year too. Must try harder!

Colin YNWA

Finally got around to reading this and have to say its a blast. Two of the three (yes three count um) strips are quite brilliant. The Durham Red one didn't really work for me on either level, or story, but did feel like an old annual story so gets points for that.

Henry Flint's Future Shock wasn't too shocking but was so glorious and such rollocking fun that frankly I didn't care.

The Dredd by Matt Smith and Chris Burnham is the absolute standout though. One of the best one shot Dredd's I've read for sometime, quite, quite brilliant and a wonderful introduction to Dredd and his world.

Love this.