Main Menu

Sin/dex in "Quite Good" shocker

Started by Dounreay, 07 December, 2002, 02:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dounreay

Well it is at the moment, despite the daft plot.
Either that or Tharg is coating the pages with some wierd alien happy drug that rubs off on your fingers. Or whatever part of your bod you use to turn the pages. Don't write in about how you turn your pages, I don't want to know this early in the morning.  

Tu-plang

SinDex has had this complete lack of seriousness lately that has driven it towards crapness and last prog's space pirates scene just demonstrated that 'ironic' comedy is shite.

It's not funny and it's not clever.

judge dreddd

its getting good in a kind of 'no one is reading it, lets get funny way'

think the girl looked better with long hair an leather outfit

oh no

getting 2000ad kinky disease

did she or did she not look like nicole kidman

and

isn't the girl at the end of this weeks prog a bit like sigourney weaver ?

2000AD Online

APRIL FOOLS HA HA HA

seriously my little respect i had for this strip is going under faster than the ship in last weeks red seas...

Tu-plang

AFAIK all Simon Davis women are based on the same model, explaining why for a long while Demi Octavo and Trace Weld looked exactly the same with different hair.

Queen Firey-Bou

& why I'm not available some evenings

karne

And why I'm not available most mornings.

Dounreay

That'll be a no then.

I better try reading it when I haven't got a drink in me.

Woolly

Sin/Dex has been crap for a while now.
Wouldnt hurt to have just a little bit of character development, instead of dodgy one liners and demonstrations of how un-kickable their arses are.
Am I the only one here who can remember Tharg going on about the 'last Sin/Dex ever'?

Tu-plang

Yes I remember that.  He thought it was preeety clever to bring it back six weeks later called Downlode Tales, then bring it back proper when ray and finny kissed and made up.

Still, it wasn't crap til about a year after it came back.

Dounreay

I was right the first time. It is getting good. It's turning into a Carry On film in print.

Daft plot, mild titilation, one-liners.
If you sit  in a quiet room and put your ear really close to the page you can just about hear Sid James laughing. Neyerharharharhar.

IndigoPrime

Sin/Dex was, at its best, average. There were rare exceptions, but on the whole, you could rely on it to be readable. This latest arc is pure tripe. It reads like Abnett took a look at Dredd's Judge Child Quest and thought, "hey, I could do that."

Hopefully they'll be pushed out of an airlock at some point.

Trout

SinDex pish.

- Trout comments brief

Oddboy

I was very disappointed by the ending of this story.  Was it supposed to be much longer?  Was Tharg immersed in angry readers letters slagging it off after the first week & told Dan to cut it short or something?
It starts at quite a slow pace, especially if you consider the prequal featuring Croak setting things up ages ago & the intro stories just before this one.  Then they get to where they're going & Blammo! home in time for tea.  Tharg kept saying this story would take them into space for something special, and while I enjoyed the ride, the last episode left me as cold as the vacuum of space.

Bah humbug!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Matt Timson

I must admit- I like the artwork- but that is quite literally it.  What is it with Simon Davis and these hot, rubber-clad chicks?!?

The...um... weirdo.

*hrrrrn*
Pffft...