Main Menu

A.B.C. Warriors The Black Hole

Started by vark, 22 December, 2011, 08:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vark

I've put my hand on prog 577 last week. The prog features an opening page by Simon Bisley for the ABC Warriors story that I have never seen before:

Does anyone knows if this page was ever reprinted in a "Black Hole" paperback ?

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

vark

Between my initial question and your response wonkychop I have received the two Titan paperbacks from 1988 (book 3 and 4) featuring the Black Hole and this particular illustration is not included. I also own the 1991 and 2002 Titan paperbacks and it is also absent. Same thing with the latest 2011 paperback. So I assume you are talking of the 2005 DC/Rebellion paperback ? Or perhaps one of "The Best of 2000AD" ?

Hoagy

Yeah I checked my copy ...wh-i-ch is... hold on, a Titan copy, and there is no picture of that kind in there either.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Grant Goggans

It's page 135 of the DC/Rebellion Rainbow Spine edition.

vark

Thanks, of course the only one I don't own ...

Gonk

Sorry vark I'd completely forgotten to specify, I assumed they were all the same. The Rebellion edition of 2005 is a lovely sleek slim item and I paid £8.00 for it.
coming at a cinema near you soon

SmallBlueThing

Sorry guys, i have no way of accessing the internet at the moment, so cant see the pic at the top of the thread, but i do have my black hole with me (may 2005, rebellion, yellow spine- which i thought was the "dc" edition), and page 135 is a b&w repro of the cover to prog 577, 'death' by bisley. Is that what's being discussed? Or is there another edition?

SBT

vark

If it is a repro of a prog cover (577), it is indeed not the illustration I've upload on the beginning of this topic... so the response will be that this illustration is only presents in prog #577 and was never reprint in paperbacks (perhaps in a "the best of 2000AD"?).

SmallBlueThing

I have the internet now- and yes, that picture IS on page 135 of the DC Rebellion edition- but it's wrongly labelled as "prog 577 cover". Prog 577 was a "Death" cover- but it was Deadlock in a wholly different pose. Am I right in remembering that the picture we're talking about here was a Star Scan from around the same time?

SBT