2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

I got some Ace Trucking art from Arrgh for £10

The guy who ran it was a nice guy
It's a joke. I was joking.

JTurner

I'd love to find one page of Henry Flint's "Deadlock" - I bought two of a three page sequence from him that I'd previously adapted into a short animation at Dreddcon in about 2002/3 (?). He'd sold the third that day, it featured the character The Accountant. I've always wondered if it was someone from this board who bought it.

Dr Feeley Good

Quote from: Judge Jack on 09 October, 2012, 09:19:44 PM
Very nice indeed. Would love to snag a prog cover. Its my biggest box left to tick. Congrats.:thumbsup:
Seem to remember being offered that Apoc War page by Rufus a couple of years ago. Did you get these from him?

With regards a prog cover,keep your eye on ebay tomorrow !! i will say no more.......

Spikes

These arrived today. Happy? Yes!

ming

Great stuff, Iain!  Time for a re-read, I think...

Frank

Brilliant! In the absence of Charles Saatchi saving and archiving these for the nation, I'm happy these are going to a good home, Jack. Well done for getting a page that's so funny, and which features one of my all-time favourite one-off characters, Ocks. If we ever saw him bustin' heads back on the streets of The Big Meg, I can't remember it; but I imagine he'd be like one of James Ellroy's violent bull cops.

Beautiful pages, congratulations.

Spikes

Quote from: sauchie on 19 October, 2012, 08:49:34 PM
my all-time favourite one-off characters, Ocks. If we ever saw him bustin' heads back on the streets of The Big Meg, I can't remember it; but I imagine he'd be like one of James Ellroy's violent bull cops.

The gaps in my prog collection mean i cant be certain, but i think Ocks may no longer be with us,  :'(
And thanks for the kind words Sauchie, glad you like the pages!
Theres some great guys on this thread, doing a sterling job for the archives. Just happy to be doing my bit.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 19 October, 2012, 08:49:34 PM...features one of my all-time favourite one-off characters, Ocks....

Ocks also appeared in Shanty Town, where he lost an arm, and Gulag, where he [spoiler]met his end[/spoiler]!  I think he taught at the Academy in between, possibly in Silver's old chair.

Dr Feeley Good

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 October, 2012, 09:30:26 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 19 October, 2012, 08:49:34 PM...features one of my all-time favourite one-off characters, Ocks....

Ocks also appeared in Shanty Town, where he lost an arm...

Quote from: ming on 30 June, 2011, 08:34:46 PMRon Smith!  Shanty Town!  Strato-V!  Mad Mox!  Me!  Happy!

Indeed...

opaque

Where on earth did you get those Jack?

hippynumber1

Quote from: ming on 19 October, 2012, 09:43:59 PM

Ocks also appeared in Shanty Town, where he lost an arm...

Quote from: ming on 30 June, 2011, 08:34:46 PMRon Smith!  Shanty Town!  Strato-V!  Mad Mox!  Me!  Happy!

Indeed...

"Death to the Judges" SUPERB page that one!

Spikes

Quote from: opaque on 19 October, 2012, 10:12:10 PM
Where on earth did you get those Jack?

These are courtesy of Mr Dayglo.

hippynumber1

These weren't featured on Artdroids were they? Does he have a secret stash?  :o

Frank

Ocks also appeared in Shanty Town, where he lost an arm, and Gulag, where he [spoiler]met his end[/spoiler]!  I think he taught at the Academy in between, possibly in Silver's old chair.

Is there any chance he was actually only caught in nets by aliens and placed in suspended animation? That would be good.