Main Menu

Quick! Marshall Law Deluxe Edition Price mix-up on Amazon.co.uk!

Started by Ancient Otter, 13 November, 2012, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

The New Marshall Law Deluxe Edition from DC Comics is being solicited for the February 2013 DC Comics listings for release in April 2013 - this book is a 480 page hardback retailing at $49.99....amazon.co.uk is saying it is £14.99 full price and are selling it at £12.74? Bought mine at that price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marshal-Law-The-Deluxe-Edition/dp/1401238556/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352848693&sr=8-1

Professor Bear

IndigoPrime

Grabbed a copy here, too; don't be surprised if Amazon cancels these orders, though.

Colin YNWA

Well I took a punt so thanks for the heads up. When I've seen stuff like this before I've had orders cancelled, though they sometimes respect the first few. The one thing in your favour is you got it before Bleeding Cool have run a story on it and the orders come flooding in and make Amazon all to aware of the problem.

Fingers crossed and thanks.

Dodsy

I've placed an order. Lets see what happens....

Never read Marshall Law but it's been on my to read list for years.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Ancient Otter

Thanks for the warning that my order get cancelled, even though that would be a breach of consumer rights, no?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 14 November, 2012, 06:30:56 PM
Thanks for the warning that my order get cancelled, even though that would be a breach of consumer rights, no?
Nope.

Frank

Aye, thanks for that, Otter; I've placed an order. Lets all hope Amazon are financially naive good guys, who'd never resort to sharp practices for the sake of a quick buck.

Spikes

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 November, 2012, 12:13:40 AM
don't be surprised if Amazon cancels these orders, though.

Are they not duty bound to honour these, seeing as it was their cock-up?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Judge Jack on 14 November, 2012, 07:03:38 PMAre they not duty bound to honour these, seeing as it was their cock-up?
Legally, nope. Morally... hell, it's Amazon.

strontium71

Thanks for the heads up , but if the price was to change to a higher price , we wouldn't just be charged the higher price would we? It'd be cancelled first , right?
...because I hate you.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: strontium71 on 14 November, 2012, 07:22:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up , but if the price was to change to a higher price , we wouldn't just be charged the higher price would we? It'd be cancelled first , right?

No they cancel the order, or at least always have in the past with me. I once got some credit though, but I think they learnt from that one. It was a big one that Rich Johnson broke over at Bleeding Cool.

Colin YNWA

Got a fright as Amazon just e-mailed me about the order, but it was just to apologise that they have had to put back the expected date due to DC pushing it back.

Still expect it to be cancelled, but not yet...

Dr Feeley Good

moly