Main Menu

CELEB AD!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 09 April, 2009, 01:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Matt

With cast members of TV soap Hollyoaks showing their true colours as Squaxx dek Thargo (picture taken by Hollyoaks director Martin Gooch), and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost snapped perusing the Shaun of the Dead issue, it seems the showbiz world just can't get enough of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic.

If you've papped a celeb Thrilling out to the latest prog, upload it to this thread!

TMO.

Bolt-01

Martin Gooch is the director of Hollyoaks? Never mind that he wrote a strip in FutureQuake 05. There's yer claim to fame.

WoD

Quote from: "Bolt-01"Martin Gooch is the director of Hollyoaks? Never mind that he wrote a strip in FutureQuake 05. There's yer claim to fame.
Is that right??  What was the story Dave?

Bolt-01

Underground Workers- The one Bou drew.

in fact you can read it on the FQ site for free:

http://www.futurequake.co.uk/fq/issue.php?title=FutureQuake&issue=5]

WoD

SamuelAWilkinson

Call me cynical if you must, but is the Hollyoaks photo proof of the cast's Squaxxdom, or the fact that they're willing to wear the silly nerd t-shirts because the director wants them to and he's in charge of how much telly they get to be on?

It would be nice if it were the former, but I don't think my brain could cope with having fallen into that parallel universe.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Buttonman

Martin (call me 'Mart') Gooch? An old friend of the Prog if the Beast is to be believed (and it should).

MART   GOOCH   MAIDENHEAD   681                                   ENGLAND  1990
M   GOOCH   READING       1084         ENGLAND   1998 LotW
MART   GOOCH   E-MAIL       1121         OTHER   1998
MART   GOOCH   READING       1180         ENGLAND   2000
MART   GOOCH   READING       1208         ENGLAND   2000
MARTIN   GOOCH   E-MAIL       1232         OTHER   2001
MART   GOOCH   LONDON       1522         ENGLAND   2007 LotW

Buddy

2000ad and Hollyoaks!

2000ad just got a little less cool.

Shame.

Roger Godpleton

Could we possibly have a picture of Pat Mills making out with Phil Redmond?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

Hurrah for cheesy celeb pseudo-Squaxx!

This is good fun.

- Trout

Matt Timson

I know Martin Gooch.  I've yet to attempt to use this industry contact to secure myself a walk-on part in Hollyoaks though.
Pffft...

Devons Daddy

forgive my blindness

but i have just realised, 2000ad + simon pegg + star trek.
i think i may just have had a blinding moment of bliss. two of the greatest things in my world, connected in the real world.

celebs in pics. PHIL OAKEY, not sure how to post it,the classic together in electric dreams video. dark judges t shirt wearing screened around the world.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

goochoid

I had to add...

I had no idea I'd had so many letters in 2000Ad - how gracious is Tharg.

Yeah - some of the actors in Hollyoaks DO read the Galaxy's Greatest - I was hoping Tharg would put the picture in the mag but clearly not - shame! Especially as one of the pics had me in it. Regardless of what you think of the actual show - it's a very nice place to work.

I did write the Underground workers strip and I urge all loyal squaxxers to go visit my website martingooch.com

Hopefully someone will let me write something else soon...

If you look at my short film Arthur's Amazing Things you will see several  2000AD product placements...

Ta ta for now.

Mart Gooch

Devons Daddy

QuoteI had to add...

i have never seen the show, but since it now has a 2000ad link, no matter how small, i shall send and email to who ever it is in charge of such things saying how wonderful the writing and acting can be on a regular basis.

well done that man.
another successful SQUAXX,
be proud of your work,sir. you deserve to be so.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ThryllSeekyr

Hollyoaks!!!!!!!

Well I guess it takes all kinds.

I pretty sure thee used to be somebody on Austrlaian Soap "Neigbours" were noted for reading the comic. Leaving maagazines aronnd the film set and jave read about this in the Letters to Tharg section.