Main Menu

Meg 226 - Sex bomb

Started by Bad Andy, 15 November, 2004, 05:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Anyone else noticed that in the first frame on the second page of Shimura the dialogue seems to be coming out the wrong people, and then on the first frame of the last page there's what looks like notes the artist has left for the letterer that haven't been removed? Thought it might just be my head playing games with me again.
Great issue though, particularly Anderson, left me pretty excited about next month.

Oddboy

I quite liked the HERSHEY--> tags - I thought that was quite cool!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Alan Barnes

The Hershey/Inaba tags - um, sorry. Quality control failed in 226 here and there (rumours of E Morricone's death, etc, and several other things no-one appears to have noticed yet!) - a fact not unrelated to me becoming a daddy again in the week we were supposed to go to press (a little girl named Miranda, and she's lovely). I ended up having to proof the entire issue in an hour and a half - frankly, it's a minor miracle the Meg came out at all this month!

So mea cupla [sic] and all that.

--Alan

longmanshort

So where are the photos of this newly-born blood-splattered prodigy for us to stare at?! Eh?!?!?!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Oddboy

I still say the tags are cool. It probably wouldn't've worked in any other story, but for Hondo-Cit it just seemed right, in a stylistic kinda way.

Big congrats to Family Barnes!

Marbles

Dredd - Another mildly amusing throw-away that suffers from comparison with the pulse-pounding events in the weekly.

Simp - Spur pulls a few rabbits out to make this tale all tie up, but this is a wonderful strip. Beautiful art and chock full of wit & invention. Scanned.

Shimura - a very welcome revival. Andy Clarke's art suits this down to the ground. Scanned (but looks like I'll have to do some remedial work in PSP 8 after the understandable lapse in editing rigour...)
Middenface. I can't stand this, didnt read it tbh.
Anderson. Thank god this ghastly drivel has ended, the only down side being the footnote threatening more to come. Utter tosh. Alan Grant's pages in the Meg are a complete waste of time if you ask me. Which you didnt.  
Charleys War. As ever, this is Genius.
Mega City Noir. Ho-hum, not bad, nothing great either.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Lobo Baggins

Re Ennio Morricone: Really? Fucking hell... Well, that's a) really really bad news because it means my research went horribly wrong and now I look like a twat, but b) really really really REALLY fucking brilliant new, because one of the greatest movie composers is still around! Huzzah!

He didn't write the one that goes hoo-OO-oo-OO-ooo, wah, wah, waaah, though, that was Hugo Montenegro.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

opaque

Anderson - What a pile of crap and an utter waste of time.
If Anderson is going to be used then make it a proper story. The Mars story looked amazing and wasn't too bad but didn't really go anywhere and this half-life thing was a pathetic attenpt at a story. Mind you not the sort of artwork I expect either.
Again yet another story that might only make more sense in a GN (I hope not, unless it's part of a massive volume to dilute it's badness down), seems to be a bit of a theme these days.

paulvonscott

Well, the whole point behind this recent story is to transfer the half-life virus from anderson to someone else (We also get some insight into Psi Division's more esoteric regions, but that's by the by) But it had to be done!

I remain a little unconvinced that Psi division would risk those Judges to save Anderson.  Containing it, or destroying her would seem like the obvious thing to do.

Anyway, I think it was a wasted opportunity to find out more about Anderson, and despite being a bit of an old idea, could have done something really interesting.

Still, I'm up for the next one.  So far it's a one-all draw between the good and the bad, and the games not over yet ;)

philt

Charley's War and the Simping Detective are carrying the rest of the stories. A couple of things though

Please someone give Andy Clarke a decent story to draw. It can't be long before he elopes to the states..

Middenface. Appalling - please make it stop.

Revelation 6:8

>Please someone give Andy Clarke a decent story to draw. It can't be long before he elopes to the states..

Which can be no bad thing if you dont like his artwork.

Oddboy

and several other things no-one appears to have noticed yet!)

Alan, there's no creator credits on this months episode of Anderson, Psi Division.

This is just plain out-ragey-ous, you're setting back creator rights by decades!

;)