Main Menu

MEG 298 - GO FOR LAUNCH

Started by Buttonman, 22 May, 2010, 12:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Nice Lilly Mackenzie cover although I hope it doesn't encorage any yoofs to look in - we don't want their kind here.

Not read much yet but a lush Dredd with Dylan Teague art, a colourful Black Museum and a Mean Machine filled bonus book.

Thankfully there is no Tom Prodfoot letter blemishing Dreddlines, mainly due to one insightful and sensitive reader taking up the whole third column. Lovely.

mygrimmbrother

Absolutely marvellous artwork all round here. Smudge impressed more than the last time I encountered his (her?) stuff - the Lowlife story in the christmas prog; just as Dante ends we get more sublime stuff from Fraser; Dylan Teague's Dredd just oozed confidence and style, reminding me of Bolland with a touch of Ian Gibson's colouring here and there (couple of panels almost looked like coloured pencils, in a good way); and then finally PJ just blew me away with Johnny Woo. I am in love with PJ. His last TOTBM which was B&W apart from the excellently handled minimal use of green is here repeated only we get the occasional splash of blood red - just superb.

Dark Jimbo

Time to give the Meg another try, I think, after an exile of six months or more. Is Tank Girl gone for good now or merely on another hiatus?
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

QuoteTime to give the Meg another try, I think, after an exile of six months or more. Is Tank Girl gone for good now or merely on another hiatus?

Gone for good, AFAIK - it's been replaced with Lily Mackenzie.

Spaceghost

I've always thought of Dylan Teague as a nice enough, workman-like artist but the Dredd strip in this month's Meg just blew me away!

He's stepped up his game to a ridiculous extent. It's so lush and real, I feel like I'm IN Mega City 1.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

W. R. Logan

I gave up the Meg a few issues ago but if Dylan is in this issue I may have to go to my local thrill merchant and get a copy.

I've always liked Dyl's work and have said so on many occasions here and to him (although when I say it to him I'm usually taking the piss out of his speed and over self deprecation of his own work) I always believed that he could be one of Tharg's finest.

willthemightyW

Can someone tell me the names and tell me the names of the people who got letters printed?

Thanks, Will.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

James Stacey

All the artwork in this months Meg is sublime. It really stood out. None of it was just adequate or just good. Teagues lines looked a little looser and less 'Bolland' than previously but in a good way. A criminally underused artist imo. Good strips, good articles, good Meg all round.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: willthemightyW on 23 May, 2010, 06:37:19 PM
Can someone tell me the names and tell me the names of the people who got letters printed?

Thanks, Will.

Hi Will,
The letters are from:

Ian Brown, North Wales
Jeremy Beebe, Kansas City
Michael Crouch, Norfolk
Paul Harris, via email
And some newcomer called Stephen Watson, from Paisley

-- Mike

willthemightyW

They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Proudhuff

A truely great prog..

and I must doff my cap at that new boy on the letters page what a well written and articulate letter Buttonman, must have been written pre Buckie-Breakfast? or are you in the pokey again?

Brilliant to see Lilly in the Meg, I'm sure i suggested this last year, must check with Matron, she keeps a copy of all my letters, Great Dave Gibbons interview too

Dredd Brill art work and story ....
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

and hey is that a KEVLEV block I see in Dredd?
DDT did a job on me

Kev Levell

Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 May, 2010, 03:01:29 PM
and hey is that a KEVLEV block I see in Dredd?
It is indeed! Very chuffed I am too. I did Dylan a tiny favour and that was my reward! Huzzah's another tick in the personal goal chart!

Buttonman

Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 May, 2010, 11:42:44 AM
A truely great prog..

and I must doff my cap at that new boy on the letters page what a well written and articulate letter Buttonman, must have been written pre Buckie-Breakfast? or are you in the pokey again?

Why thank you Tom, your humiliating attempt at detente will FAIL!

Loser!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me