Main Menu

THE ORVILLE

Started by Tiplodocus, 02 October, 2017, 09:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

I'd guessed the twist, too (by the time of [spoiler]the Doctor's turn as a mental[/spoiler], the story options for an episodic show become severely limited), but the episode did a good job acknowledging that at this point (it reveals the twist pretty early, and in the middle of what would otherwise be a significant action scene), it wasn't a matter of what was going on but why and how.  I particularly liked [spoiler]the misdirection towards the storm[/spoiler] as being significant, but thought maybe given the character arc involved, this episode maybe should have come earlier in the season.

darnmarr

I thought Episode 11 was very good. Jokes , Sci-Fi, pacing, character arcs ,call-backs... it was quite nice.

Bolt-01

Think this is coming to the FOX channel, so folk who watch Walking Dead or AHS will be able to watch it properly...

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

GrudgeJohnDeed

Recently binged both series of this, I really enjoyed it!! I like the characters and hopeful setting, some of the episodes have made me think and I've got a few good laughs out of it. You can tell they're really finding their identity in series 2, becoming less of a comedy and more of a straight Sci-Fi show, to the point they're ignoring opportunities for jokes.

Like when [spoiler]they rescue Bortus from the Orville on the bottom of the ocean, they ask him how he's survived down there and he says emergency rations - well as a Moclan I thought he should've been eating the ship! Perhaps he says nothing and looks guiltily at teeth shaped chunks missing from the control panels and bridge chairs CLASSIC BORTUS :D[/spoiler].

I noticed a couple of things that I'm sure were nods to Red Dwarf, would be great fun to see those guys in it or have a cross-over or something!