Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

On another forum there is a Troll who has been present for the last 2 weeks which is a pain as there is zero moderation as the troll should have been banned ages ago.This troll is there at the top of each thread with the usual drivel so persistence and punctuality are two of his strong points.

I have deduced that He is from the UK and unemployed which explains the punctuality or possibly Cointelpro.His syntax lapses now and again into something that is recognisably from the UK.

This is sort of ok despite it being a pain as i beat up on him and humiliate him on a daily basis which is enjoyable but he wont talk to me anymore.....  :'(

He is also a complete distraction and curiously there are very similar patterns of behaviour to Scott and others i have experienced so it seems that there is a psychological template for Trolls.

Anyway on and on and on and on it goes..............
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dunk!

'cos Kevin Smith, on his Smodcast internet radio show on Thursday, mentioned Alan Moore starting out writing scripts for "Judge Dredd in Ad 2000 or whatever that comic is they have over there?"

Round the wrong way but a nice mention. :)
"Trust we"

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 June, 2011, 07:30:07 PM
I have deduced that he is from the UK and unemployed which explains the punctuality...

:lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Dandontdare

wasn't sure if this should be a minor impediment, but decided to look on it in a 'glass half-full' kind of way.

Went to see X-men last night, but only when I got home did I realise I'd lost my wallet with all my cards and over £100 in it. Eventually found a phone number for thecinema (which wasn't easy - I had to ring the emergency contact number for the whole complex to speak to a human who could give me a direct number, all I could find elsewhere was the automatic ticket line).

However, after a half hour trek back across town, they had my wallet safely locked away with all cash intact. Phew!

Proudhuff

Nice one DDD,

I've just moved hoose yesterday and so far no disasters.. :o
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 June, 2011, 11:54:35 AM
Nice one DDD,

I've just moved hoose yesterday and so far no disasters.. :o
Just wait until the owners get back from church.
We never really die.

House of Usher

My injured gerbil, who has been coming out of her glass tank for exercize since Tuesday, was seen running in her wheel using all four paws yesterday. Her injured shoulder (?) has evidently healed; time will tell if she is able to fully extend her front right leg again, but at least she is using it.
STRIKE !!!

Proudhuff

Quote from: House of Usher on 11 June, 2011, 12:40:38 PM
My injured gerbil, who has been coming out of her glass tank for exercize since Tuesday, was seen running in her wheel using all four paws yesterday. Her injured shoulder (?) has evidently healed; time will tell if she is able to fully extend her front right leg again, but at least she is using it.

I can hear the Rocky music aleady!
DDT did a job on me

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

As documented here in excruciating detail, we got the Boy a Wii for his birthday last month - it was a huge success, and we've all been enjoying it ever since.  

However, after a month the financially thorny issue of getting some new games has now arrived.  We duly presented ourselves at the toy-shop with an old credit-note and started into negotiations with the pre-owned rack.  Beside us at the counter was a mother and her two boys exchanging a small mound of DS and Wii games for credit - shop took most of them, but handed a few back.  Out of the blue, she turned to us and offered us the ones that had been rejected for free - which we fell upon like (grateful) ravening wolves.  Then she said "We've a pile more back at the house - follow us home and you can take them off our hands".

Slightly dubiously (well, we do live deep in bandit country) we followed them to their home, whereupon she gave us Wii Family Trainer with the play mat, Monster Trucks, some Star Wars stuff, some Horrible Histories edu-games and a few kiddie movie tie-ins.  Having nothing to offer her in return, the missus gave them her business card and offered her family a behind-the-scenes tour of the animal shelter she works in, which went down a treat - turned out the family had just adopted two cats from them the previous week, and said they'd love to see how it all works.  Everyone wins.

Goes some  way to confirming my faith in the basic decency of folk on a wet Sunday morning.

Emperor

Well that is nice - we need a "We're not all a shower of bastards" thread.

Now think back on the events and see if you have any missing time and count your kidneys (there should still be an average of two each, barring previous accidents or weird mutations).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Richmond Clements

That's awesome, TB. That's cheered me right up that has!

mogzilla

the cynic in me cant help but wonder if she were palming em off before the rozzers called...sure shes just nice and i'm just a cynic :-[

TordelBack

Quote from: mogzilla on 12 June, 2011, 09:05:07 PM
the cynic in me cant help but wonder if she were palming em off before the rozzers called...

:lol:  Says the man who sent me a free game a few weeks back!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Great news, Tordel. Good to see that there are a few good people still out there.