Main Menu

Slaine Movie Plze...!?

Started by darania, 10 May, 2004, 11:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darania

In the wake of fantasy blockbusters like the LOTR trilogy when is there gonna be a movie adaption of the early Slaine classics like Time Killer etc??? Featuring heroes like Myrddin, Nest, Tlaghta & the vain celtic prince Murdach & uber villains like the cythrons & their Dark 3 eyed servant Elfric! New Line plze take note!!

Mr C

Early Slaine, yes.

Earth Mother New Age Slaine, no.

Cthulouis

just so long as it has lots of deep ones.

um, i mean formians

opaque

Would work well if you mixed in the timeworm and other world stuff, as a straight Ireish tale I don't think it would be 'our' Slaine. Just the real-life character he's based on!

ThryllSeekyr

I know this has been posted on this forum before but they say Hollywood executives want to look at visual of Michael Fassbender's Cuchulainn in a comic book as they are no longer interested in scripts.

I say they should look to a few Slaine graphic novels instead!

JOE SOAP

Paul Bolger's proposal for the Hound film and comic has plenty of visuals- with a McMahon feel. I'd rather they only looked at Sláine if they were going to make a Sláine film.

Some concept work by Dermot Power:

Richmond Clements

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 September, 2013, 01:38:26 PM

Paul Bolger's proposal for the Hound film and comic has plenty of visuals- with a McMahon feel. I'd rather they only looked at Sláine if they were going to make a Sláine film.

Some concept work by Dermot Power:

I was taking to Paul about this at Titan con at the weekend and saw some of his artwork for it as well as an astounding trailer.
It's incredible stuff.

ThryllSeekyr

I actually meant for them to look through some Slaine graphic novels and suddenly decide to make Slaine film. Though, as a after thought, I shudder to think what changes Hollywood executives would make. How they would deviate from classic Slaine!