Main Menu

Hey, all.

Started by a chosen rider, 11 March, 2012, 09:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a chosen rider

Guess I might as well introduce myself too, though I'll probably be mostly lurking.  (As I always claim right before I start rambling on at epic length.)  I'm a relatively new convert to 2000AD, but I've spent most of the last year madly reading all the Dredd collections I've been able to lay my hands on, and I'm now trying to catch up to the current progs on digital.

Outside of 2000AD I mostly just read Marvel at the moment, since I came late to comics and my grand plan to broaden my reading by sampling a bit of everything got hijacked when I picked up my first Dredd and everything else got shunted off the bottom of the priority list.  I write fiction, so I have vague aspirations of trying my hand at a Future Shock script someday, but right now I'm still in the, "Must attempt to read everything ever published!" stage of preparation.  (Which is always a conveniently good excuse for buying comics.  It's research!)

In order not to be entirely predictable in stating my opinions, I'll say that my second favourite thrill of those I've read so far is Nikolai Dante, and my second favourite character in the Dreddverse is DeMarco.  Though I also have a major soft spot for Vienna and the whole of Dredd's awkward little family of clones.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

dullnickname

Hello fellow lurker, newbies need to stick together as it's hard working out the verification letters isn't it?

vzzbux

Again Welcome to the family. Enjoy.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Emperor

Welcome.

Quote from: a chosen rider on 11 March, 2012, 09:20:58 PMI write fiction, so I have vague aspirations of trying my hand at a Future Shock script someday, but right now I'm still in the, "Must attempt to read everything ever published!" stage of preparation.  (Which is always a conveniently good excuse for buying comics.  It's research!)

Indeed - try and write it off against tax ;)

I stumbled across your books when activating your account so look forward to seeing what you come up with - there is a fiction contest here on the forums (it's pinned to the top of the General forum) and the small press is a good place to hone your comic writing skills (have a nose around the Creative Commons forum).

Quote from: dullnickname on 11 March, 2012, 09:26:24 PMHello fellow lurker, newbies need to stick together as it's hard working out the verification letters isn't it?

If you think there is a problem be sure to let one of us know, so we can look into tweaking it. We obviously don't have to deal with it so it can be overlooked.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard have fun.

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

betel_uk

Hey, hey, hey!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!  :D

Spikes

Now then, and welcome.

Aonghus

Hi there Rider :D
QuoteQuote from: dullnickname on 11 March, 2012, 09:26:24 PM

Hello fellow lurker, newbies need to stick together as it's hard working out the verification letters isn't it?

If you think there is a problem be sure to let one of us know, so we can look into tweaking it. We obviously don't have to deal with it so it can be overlooked.

I've found it a bit difficult myself actually, though my eyes are admittedly not the best. The audio function is handy and unobtrusive though. If a more monochrome one was put in place I wouldn't complain, but sure it's not so bad as it is :) (I assume the captcha is done away with once we prove that we're not spambots though..?)

Spaceghost

Hello all the new people!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

klute

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Emperor

Quote from: Aonghus on 20 March, 2012, 11:05:43 PM
Hi there Rider :D
QuoteQuote from: dullnickname on 11 March, 2012, 09:26:24 PM

I've found it a bit difficult myself actually, though my eyes are admittedly not the best. The audio function is handy and unobtrusive though. If a more monochrome one was put in place I wouldn't complain, but sure it's not so bad as it is :) (I assume the captcha is done away with once we prove that we're not spambots though..?)

It should do, hopefully, once people have successfully answered it once they won't have to do it again. Unfortunately, making them monochrome means they are easier for the robots to read, but, as you say, there is the option to have it read outloud which I often use if I'm having problems with a captcha code.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

judgefloyd

welcome aboard!  What are Dredd's awkward lill family of clones up to these days?

a chosen rider

Quote from: judgefloyd on 22 March, 2012, 01:52:55 AM
welcome aboard!  What are Dredd's awkward lill family of clones up to these days?

They've had a few rather gloriously awkward Christmas gatherings.  When we last saw Dolman he was taking night classes and planning to become a space explorer, but that was quite a while back.  And I hear that Rico was recently off on some adventures with Cursed Earth Koburn in the Meg, though I haven't had a chance to read those yet.

Personally, I'm still waiting to hear more about the baby that Vienna gave up for pre-natal adoption in prog 1452.  That kid must surely be getting on for judge cadet age by now...
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps