Main Menu

Fabry 2000AD (ish) Gubbins on Ebay.

Started by SmallBlueThing(Reborn), 11 November, 2020, 06:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Seen this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333770414544

Not at that price, but reason to scour piles of women's magazines in waiting rooms and charity shops from now until the end of time.

SBT

JayzusB.Christ

Never would have guessed that was Glenn Fabry.  I possibly would have said Liam Sharp.  I like it a lot - what is it an advert for?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Looks like a fuel injected Ford Fiesta - nice find. Be very interesting to see if ths fetches the price being asked for it. Its a great curio but unless there are some dedicated Glenn Fabry completists out there its hard to see it  being worth that? Who know.

When seeing if i could find the issue it was in I came across this curio as well

http://glennfabry.saltdeanunited.net/glennportfolio5.pdf

Which has some bits I'd not seen and I'd forgotten he did the Speedball 2 art work!

TordelBack

My god, just imagine being able to put together a portfolio like that - one which barely scratches the surface of his work at that. Terrifying how talented (and hard working)  people can be.

Couple of things stand out: his Neverwhere completely passed me by,  have to search that out; for some reason I'd forgotten he did those fantastic Crisis covers, I think I'd mentally filed them under Fegredo. Trip to the Attic is in order.

I'm also glad to see he won an Eisner for his Destruction story, it's such an understated little character piece that seems outside of his normal territory, and yet works brilliantly.

Great find with the car ad, SBT!

JayzusB.Christ

'I am currently looking for work in the illustrative field'.  Bleeding hell, those are words I wouldn't have expected to hear from Glenn Fabry at that point in his career - I thought they'd have been battering his door down for more.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"