Main Menu

This is the News!

Started by Funt Solo, 28 March, 2022, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nxylas

Quote from: sheridan on 10 August, 2022, 09:13:18 AM
Director of the FBI appointed by Trump himself, amusingly!
And Trump also signed into law the bill that made stealing classified documents a felony.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

sheridan

Well, London Bridge is looking a bit shaky...

Trooper McFad

Quote from: sheridan on 08 September, 2022, 02:49:23 PM
Well, London Bridge is looking a bit shaky...

It's swaying like Galloping Gertie ...
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Richard

She was fine before she shook Liz Truss's hand the other day. Reminds me of this scene from 24:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0a9qmc9ju4U

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Richard on 08 September, 2022, 04:23:11 PM
She was fine before she shook Liz Truss's hand the other day. Reminds me of this scene from 24:

Are you saying that Truss is a deep plant Republican and needed to become PM to get close to the Queen?

definitely sounds like a 24 plot

sheridan

Actually, turns out it's only Operation London Bridge if Liz is in London when it happens - it's Operation Unicorn in Scotland...

Either way Operation Spring Tide would also run concurrently.

Leigh S

Donlt forget Boris "I shake hands with Covid patients and attend KGB parties" was also there...

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 08 September, 2022, 04:35:12 PM

Are you saying that Truss is a deep plant Republican and needed to become PM to get close to the Queen?

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Leigh S on 08 September, 2022, 05:04:15 PM
Donlt forget Boris "I shake hands with Covid patients and attend KGB parties" was also there...

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 08 September, 2022, 04:35:12 PM

Ooooh forgot about him that's more of a 24 plot line.

Scorned leader out for revenge

nxylas

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 08 September, 2022, 05:36:37 PM
Ooooh forgot about him that's more of a 24 plot line.

Scorned leader out for revenge
Or bumbling incompetent who ends up killing the queen by accident. More Johnny English than 24.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Funt Solo

I was confused as to what "Queen Consort" meant, so I looked up the words:

Queen: behave in an unpleasantly superior way toward (someone)
Consort: habitually associate with (someone), typically with the disapproval of others

Well, that's cleared that up.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Heh.

Mind you, she can't be much worse than Phil the bigmouthed bigot.  So, do all coins, noted and stamps from now on get Charlie's big face on them?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Probably. They'll also have to change portraits in official offices, pillar boxes and those fancy costumes some officials wear. I'm sure Charlie won't mind covering the enormous cost out of his own pocket...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 September, 2022, 10:22:59 AM

Probably. They'll also have to change portraits in official offices, pillar boxes and those fancy costumes some officials wear. I'm sure Charlie won't mind covering the enormous cost out of his own pocket...

The money out of his pocket is still your money.  Well, maybe not you in particular, but you get my point.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Aye, aye, fair point. Still, just once it might be nice for them to use money they've already stolen instead of stealing afresh.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 September, 2022, 10:22:59 AMpillar boxes
Those won't be changed/replaced. Existing ones will live on. There are still some around with King George's ident on.