Main Menu

Joe Pineapples paint Job

Started by Trooper McFad, 21 September, 2019, 11:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

I picked up this cracking Pineapples model from strontium71 a few months ago and have eventually finished it  :) .
I wanted to go as closely as poss to the Bisley "Cool Assassin" picture it was modelled from (including the flower in the gun). I'm well chuffed with my effort and its of a reasonable standard that the wife is letting me display it on the living room book case.

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

That's fantastic!

How tall is it - not that size matters of course.

Trooper McFad

To the top of his head its 11 inches - to the top of the Gun its just over 13 inches - so he's a pretty big boy

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Pete Wells

I have one of those, and my Joe is wearing pink knickers in his Sweet Transister phase.

Rogue Judge

Fantastic! Excellent attention to detail, well done. Small details, like the wearing of his gloves, are impressive.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 21 September, 2019, 02:14:50 PM
Fantastic! Excellent attention to detail, well done. Small details, like the wearing of his gloves, are impressive.

Thanks RJ, I thought a war zone would have some distress on the body & equipment (it also hides my imperfections)

Really enjoyed the long hours on this project just wish there was more (Not Dredd) like this out there.

sheridan

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 21 September, 2019, 11:44:38 AM
To the top of his head its 11 inches - to the top of the Gun its just over 13 inches - so he's a pretty big boy

His weapon adds an extra two inches?  Not so big ;)

Rogue Judge

I'd be interested to see what it looked like before painting. Grey plastic?

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 22 September, 2019, 02:54:40 AM
I'd be interested to see what it looked like before painting. Grey plastic?

It was cream before I under coated with a grey primer